FGU's Flash Gordon And The Warriors of Mongo
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:16 pm 

Why haven't we seen a copy FGU's Flash Gordon on eBay, or have I missed it? It has a white cover with a colour cartoon picture and FGU's destinctive typeface of the 80's. Anyone seen a copy?

http://index.rpg.net/display-entry.phtml?mainid=5330&editionid=5992

This week I've been mostly eating . . . minestrone soup.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:21 pm 

Yep but not on eBay. I have bought a few things from this place, like a 2nd edition, 2nd print Chainmail and my 1st print Boot Hill.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:35 pm 

Thanks, Serl.
Ooh, they've got a NM Brotherhood of the Bolt for $100.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:33 pm 

I've seen about 3 or 4 Warriors of Mongo on Ebay but most sold for $60-$90 (from memory) and was more than I wanted to pay.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:56 pm 

I remember posting an Ebay auction awhile back for Warriors of Mongo so I thought I would do a quick search.

search.php?search_id=281358774

It struck me as a bit funny that there are now three threads about Warriors of Mongo all started by the same person over a three year period.  Never heard of anyone having a Flash Gordon fixation.  :)

And it looks like after three years, The Dragon's Trove still hasnt sold that copy of Warriors of Mongo.  But he has come down on the price by $10.  :roll:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:14 pm 

Generally if it's not posted in the Interesting Items threads of Acaeum, or in the Classifieds, I tend to miss things. I don't know how to get regular searches automated on eBay, and my list of regular items I search for is quite small and limited to UK publised stuff mainly.

I really should get more proactive about hunting stuff down, but the more you have on your search list, the more you end up spending, and it's not a good time for me to be buying stuff right now. That's not to say that if the right thing came along at the right price... Just that $80 is a bit steep for something that should be fetching Bunnies & Burrows prices.