5th print box and a Woodgrain
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:30 am 

Hi,

(1) How much would be a fair price for a 5th print white box;

Box is solid with rubbing and staining, overall maybe a good+ to a VG
Booklets have writing in them, some soiling, not all that bad really. Still flat, with no creases or rust from the staples...

(2) My Woodgrain I picked up a little bit ago, at a garage sale... :lol:
Missing one of the booklets and pretty rough shape but for $5; who's complaining...Are we still talking a grand or better or am I dreaming?

I'd be happy to upload some pics, but I don't know how...Kinda short bus in that regard :wink:

The bankers have nearly ruined the world, but we'll bail them out and they'll be kind enough to lend us our own money back...with interest...

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:26 am 

Just my two cents...

1)  Anywhere from $100 to $200, depending on the shape.

2)  Keep in mind "woodgrain" could be anywhere from 1st to 3rd print.  I think you are dreaming about $1000, but who knows.  The missing booklet really is what hurts the value, eliminating most collectors altogether.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:34 am 

Grug Greyskin wrote:Just my two cents...

1)  Anywhere from $100 to $200, depending on the shape.

2)  Keep in mind "woodgrain" could be anywhere from 1st to 3rd print.  I think you are dreaming about $1000, but who knows.  The missing booklet really is what hurts the value, eliminating most collectors altogether.

Thanks Grug, kinda what I thought. So do you think a $3-500 range would be fair? It's a 2-3 print I think, missing the M&M book so...

My little brother has opened a store on the bay and I've pretty much let him have the pick of my collection so pricing is important, so it moves "quick-like".

Actually think you bought some items from me when I was a seller; artlodger was the handle. Hope it met with your expectations.

The bankers have nearly ruined the world, but we'll bail them out and they'll be kind enough to lend us our own money back...with interest...

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:42 am 

Pyrex_Pickle_Blowfish wrote:Missing one of the booklets ....

There are more booklets floating around than boxed sets - you never know, you might be able to replace the missing booklet.