D&D Basic Set [Ninth Printing]
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:01 am 

See here...

http://www.enworld.org/forum/general-rpg-discussion/252457-tell-me-about-these-older-edition-products-6.html#post4749082

Including this image for the link wary...

Robert Blezard
"I write; therefore, I am!"

Last edited by Knightfall on Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:05 am 

Worth about $20.00

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:47 am 

Blackmoor wrote:Worth about $20.00

If that.  The sealed dice helps, but $10-$20 at most for sure. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:51 am 

bclarkie wrote:
If that.  The sealed dice helps, but $10-$20 at most for sure. :)

Well, I paid CAN $30 (about US $25) for it, so I guess I overpaid a bit. Still, I'm happy I have it.

Robert Blezard

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:52 am 

Blackmoor wrote:Worth about $20.00

If I was still in the market for a complete one of these and I was certain the guy selling it knew how to properly pack a boxed set for the mail (I've had 5 of the last 10 ruined in shipping) Then I would have prolly spent as much as $25-35 "shipped" for this...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:05 pm 

Knightfall wrote:Well, I paid CAN $30 (about US $25) for it, so I guess I overpaid a bit. Still, I'm happy I have it.

Well, it's not like you way overpaid or anything.  I was speaking on average for a set, as such. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:53 pm 

Knightfall wrote:Well, I paid CAN $30 (about US $25) for it, so I guess I overpaid a bit. Still, I'm happy I have it.

You would have paid that or probably even more if you consider shipping to Canada.  You got a fair deal IMHO :)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:06 pm 

TheMilford wrote:If I was still in the market for a complete one of these and I was certain the guy selling it knew how to properly pack a boxed set for the mail (I've had 5 of the last 10 ruined in shipping) Then I would have prolly spent as much as $25-35 "shipped" for this...

bclarkie wrote:Well, it's not like you way overpaid or anything.  I was speaking on average for a set, as such. :)

Blackmoor wrote:You would have paid that or probably even more if you consider shipping to Canada.  You got a fair deal IMHO :)

Good to know.  8)

The same store (called Whyte Knight) has both the Expert Set [w/dice] (CAN $20) and the Companion Set [well used] (CAN $10) as well as Eldritch Wizardry: Supplement III (CAN $45). I don't know which printing the Eldritch Wizardry book is but I'm going to find out as soon as I can. :D

EDIT: I forgot to mention... the last time I was there, the store also had a copy of the 1e Monster Manual. The cover with the "collection of monsters."

FYI... I have my collection list located on EN World (which I'm going to link to in my sig as well) . . .

Knightfall's Roleplaying Game Collection List

I'm not looking to sell, but I figured I'd point it out, regardless.

Cheers!

Knightfall

Robert Blezard

Last edited by Knightfall on Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:15 pm 

EDIT
Never mind, I'm stupid. It's the ninth printing. The whole black versus blue inked index had me confused.

Robert Blezard

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:02 pm 

Knightfall wrote:Good to know.  8)

The same store (called Whyte Knight) has both the Expert Set [w/dice] (CAN $20) and the Companion Set [well used] (CAN $10) as well as Eldritch Wizardry: Supplement III (CAN $45). I don't know which printing the Eldritch Wizardry book is but I'm going to find out as soon as I can. :D

I have been to Whyte Knight quite a bit, you have to be careful of there prices, somtimes they are way out to lunch.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:07 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:
I have been to Whyte Knight quite a bit, you have to be careful of there prices, somtimes they are way out to lunch.

Yeah, I know. However, I know the owner quite well. He'll often let me make trades that he'd reject from others. I consider myself one of his most frequent customers. (I've been known to stop by WK and buy [or trade] up to two or three times a month.)

FYI... there is a new store in town that's just opened up in the last few months called The Adventurers' Guild. The store is located right next to the Jasper Place bus terminal (if you know where that is).

It's going to be a buy/sell/trade store as well.

Robert Blezard

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:46 pm 

Knightfall wrote:Yeah, I know. However, I know the owner quite well. He'll often let me make trades that he'd reject from others. I consider myself one of his most frequent customers. (I've been known to stop by WK and buy [or trade] up to two or three times a month.)

FYI... there is a new store in town that's just opened up in the last few months called The Adventurers' Guild. The store is located right next to the Jasper Place bus terminal (if you know where that is).

It's going to be a buy/sell/trade store as well.

Cool, I should bring some stuff for them.  DO they have anything good?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:04 pm 

Blackmoor wrote:
Cool, I should bring some stuff for them.  DO they have anything good?

No, they really haven't set much up yet. They were still painting the artwork on the windows the first time I visited. They don't even have a true sign up... just a white board with the store's name on it.  :P

There stock, right now, is new stuff including D&D 4e, Star Wars, and miniatures.  did see some 3e books on a shelf behind the counter, but I'm not sure those were for sale. (There was a 3.5e PHB, I think.) The woman behind the counter told me the owner has access to a large warehouse of games; however, she just might have been trying to "sell" the store to me.

I think the store is going to need another 6 months before it is truly organized enough for me to visit it on a regular basis.

Robert Blezard