The Lost box of RPG stuff pricing
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:30 pm 

I was cleaning out Christmas trees *shudder* and found a box of assorted gaming stuff that I had thought was lost in a move.  Nothing of huge value (IMO) but I'm not sure what to ask for it.  I submit the contents of the lost box and ask for your opinions:

Best of Dragon I
Best of Dragon IV
Best of Dragon V

Dragon Magazine 83
Dragon Magazine 86
Dragon Magazine 111
Dragon Magazine 126
Dragon Magazine 137
Dragon Magazine 171
Dragon Magazine 173
Dragon Magazine 174
Dragon Magazine 175
Dragon Magazine 176
Dragon Magazine 177

Shadowrun (1st ed.) GM screen
Shadowrun (1st ed.) Paranormal Animals
Shadowrun (1st ed.) The Grimoire
Shadowrun (1st ed.) The Neo-Anarchist's Guide to North America

Dagorlad and the Dead Marshes (MERP, I.C.E., 1st ed.)

Places of Mystery IV Highroad (publisher is The Companions?, 1984...not sure where this came from, probably swiped from my brother and forgotten about at the bottom of a pile of books)

Citybook III Deadly Nightside (Flying Buffalo, 1991 reprint)

The Sadowrun stuff is pretty worn around the edges but everything else seems to have survived the icky Christmas side of the attic just fine.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:41 pm 

Shadowrun stuff -- likely $1 - 5. Paranormal Animals is the best of the bunch there (and might get you more, to the tune of around $7,) as not much was reprinted in other things. The Grimoire was reprinted (at least twice) for different editions, and the Neo-Anarchist's stuff was revamped in later editions (making it obsolete in a sense, but still worth having for the things FASA forgot / did not update)... so, unless you find someone wanting only 1e SR material, it probably won't sell well. Around $3 for the books, but you might get someone who wants to pay you more... a lot on eBay might be a good idea for them.

Just my experience.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:46 pm 

Places of Mystery IV whould go for between $10 and $20 without much problem. Maybe more if it's in EX/M condition. Couldn't really comment on the rest. The time vs. reward is probably too low to warrant eBaying any of the magazines.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . chicken and wild rice soup.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:51 pm 

serleran wrote:Shadowrun stuff -- likely $1 - 5. Paranormal Animals is the best of the bunch there (and might get you more, to the tune of around $7,) as not much was reprinted in other things. The Grimoire was reprinted (at least twice) for different editions, and the Neo-Anarchist's stuff was revamped in later editions (making it obsolete in a sense, but still worth having for the things FASA forgot / did not update)... so, unless you find someone wanting only 1e SR material, it probably won't sell well. Around $3 for the books, but you might get someone who wants to pay you more... a lot on eBay might be a good idea for them.

Just my experience.

I think you're probably right (esp given the condition).  The SR stuff will probably end up filling out a lot along with the regular Dragon magazines.

mbassoc2003 wrote:Places of Mystery IV whould go for between $10 and $20 without much problem. Maybe more if it's in EX/M condition. Couldn't really comment on the rest. The time vs. reward is probably too low to warrant eBaying any of the magazines.

Really?  I'll have to double check it but I'm pretty sure it would pass muster for excellent or near mint condition (sometimes it's good to be buried under everything else).

Thank you!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:46 pm 

I'm inclined to agree regarding the magazines, though there is one magazine on your list that I am interested in: Best of Dragon V.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:41 pm 

PM sent Traveller.