Vampyre TSR Mini-game
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:10 pm 

Hi all,

I'm pretty new here but I've got masses and masses of stuff I'm going to be selling (the pile of books is around 17 foot high and there's several kilos worth of figures).  One thing that I'm trying to get some sense of value on is a copy of the Vampyre mini-game from 1981. It's a game in a small plastic box. It's in reasonable condition. Anyone got any kind of idea what these go for? It's been played so it's not unpunched.

cheers,

Simon

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:12 pm 

I would not imagine it worth a whole lot, nor a large collector base looking to obtain one, unless they are TSR completests. So, my guess is $5 - $15, but closer toward the lower end.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:42 pm 

I think that is a good guess on price ($5-$15).  These minigames are still not too difficult to find and a number of sellers such as Hamilcar still have them in shrink.

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:53 pm 

Thanks Guys. That's kind of what I thought. I paid 50p at a wargames club fundraiser years ago so not bothered. I'll stick it on eBay at some point. Just wasn't sure since I hadn't seen any others anywhere at any time.

cheers,

Simon

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:46 am 

Actually, Vampy does better on average than all of TSR's other mini-games with the single exception of The Alamo (which does way better than the rest).

Probably closer to $10 if you do a good job with picture and title.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:24 pm 

^^^ Agree with above.

For whatever reason (distribution?), there's always different levels of rarities with the various lines of minigames. You should do okay with Vampyre; better than, say, They've Invaded Pleasantville, which apparently had a print run of roughly 10 bazillion.

Hell, I'm looking for a copy for myself (I loves me that Otus cover, too); I might throw a bid in.