LC1, LC2 and LC3 -- sell separately, or as a set?
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:35 pm 

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd continue wandering in search of answers from the resident sages...  :wink:

I have in my possession the Forgotten Realms accessories LC1 Gateway to Raven's Bluff, the Living City; LC2 Inside Raven's Bluff, the Living City; and LC3 Nightwatch in the Living City.

Based on what I see in the Acaeum's Module Index, it looks like LC1 is by far the most valuable of the three, but I was hoping to sell all three of these in one lot.

What do people think of this idea?  Would buyers who already have LC2 and/or LC3 but need LC1 bite at this sort of offer, or am I better off trying to sell LC1 by its lonesome and take the hit on the other two?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this matter.

Cheers,
JohnH
aka Wandering Monster

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:19 am 

I'm just about to list an LC4!

I think I'd probably list them seperately - and yes, LC1 is generally the better seller.

Recently I think these have taken a bit of a dive - shame cos they're good stuff - and tied into the City of Ravens Bluff Supplement (which is frankly, escellent) they make a pretty good package.

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:08 am 

I'd be interested in all/any of these 4, if that is an option...

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:20 am 

A bit off topic but how would The City of Ravens Bluff (no LC#) play into that formula?  Is it considered necessary for completion of the set?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:11 am 

gyg wrote:I think I'd probably list them seperately - and yes, LC1 is generally the better seller.

Recently I think these have taken a bit of a dive - shame cos they're good stuff - and tied into the City of Ravens Bluff Supplement (which is frankly, escellent) they make a pretty good package.

I agree with gyg.  Sell them separately.  I have LC2, LC3, and LC4, but not LC1 (just havent got around to picking it up).  Now if you had all of them, it might be better off for you to list them all in one lot.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:02 am 

Generally speaking, you'll do better to list most things separately.

I'd be interested in making an offer for all three, if you're interested.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:22 pm 

The City of Ravens Bluff is like a campaign guide: LC1, LC2, LC3, LC4 all fit into the CoRB (LC0?). (Although there is overlap: LC1 provides the campaign guide function, although to a lesser extent).

Just a note, I have talked with Ed Greenwood about this one, and he wasn't very happy when it saw print (I think he has gone into the reasons for this in the Candlekeep forums). Ed is very concerned about the quality of the stuff that he makes, and if something isn't up to par (either that he wrote, or that bears the FR logo) when it sees print, he makes this known.

That said I have read The City of Ravens Bluff, and I actually couldn't find anything wrong with it, other than the fact that it sort of ignored all of the contributions of Polyhedron writers over the years (for example, if there was a Polyhedron article about a bakery, that bakery might get a paragraph of description). What they should have done: include the paragraph of descrip, along with a very quick reference (P40.10 would be Polyhedron 40, page 10, for example). Also, it would have been interesting to see an index of all the RPGA adventures that took place in the Living City (there were hundreds, but they were already using a lot of mouse type in that book).

All told, if you are picking up LC1, LC2, LC3, LC4, I would still recommend The City, to give things an overall context to fit into (be sure that you're getting the fold-out map if you pick it up). If not, then I would recommend LC1 to give a sense of how LC2, LC3, and LC4 fit into things.

Hope that answers your question,

John

[email protected]