Shrinkwrapped City of Skulls - value?
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:56 am 

Hi all,

I've recently come into possession of a near mint copy of WGR6 The City of Skulls, still in original factory shrinkwrap.

I see the value in the Acaeum's listings for an opened copy, but I'm wondering what value the shrinkwrap adds, and how the economic downturn might affect this?

Cheers,
JohnH
aka Wandering Monster

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:09 am 

Wandering Monster wrote:Hi all,

I've recently come into possession of a near mint copy of WGR6 The City of Skulls, still in original factory shrinkwrap.

I see the value in the Acaeum's listings for an opened copy, but I'm wondering what value the shrinkwrap adds, and how the economic downturn might affect this?

Cheers,
JohnH
aka Wandering Monster

WGR6 used to be one of the 2nd edition modules that did really well along with WGA4- Vecna Lives! and WGR1- Greyhawk Ruins.  Over the last few years from what I can tell, it's not as popular as it used to be and doesn't do as well at it used to.  That could be due in part to the fact it typically appear a little more frequently than some of the others from that time like WGR1 and WGA4 and also that appears more frequently in great condition than those two as well.  I would expect somewhere in the range of $30-$40 for it.  

As always, you never know with Ebay, but the last few that I have seen up have ended in that range.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche