Early Issues of White Dwarf.
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:00 pm 

Good morning all.

I have been sorting through a lot of old stock I picked up over the years and found a load of the earliest White Dwarfs.

The first 12 are in a red leather binder and are in excelent condition.
A number of the magazines have first reprint on the cover.

The next 12 are in a second red leather binder and are all in excelent condition but there is some damage to the back of the binder.

Could anyone be kind enough to offer advice on selling these. I am new to selling this sort of thing and feel they should be worth something but don't want to over price myself or let them go for far too little.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:28 pm 

if on ebay large lots of dwarves used to sell under combined price enough to justify separate listing but not huge difference if only 24 to sell as recent prices #4-24 have not been so good + only #1 doing well just now
given present values to try whole or else #1-12 + #13-24 at high bin price with best offer could be easiest way to go + give good return. dont try much more than 12 or 24 together as huge sale say #1-100 is almost same price or less as postage worldwide is killer
if binder strings have not damaged zines would help to show or remove as more often see those with spine tears
good luck with sale :) :)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:43 pm 

I'd also wager anything that isn't an obvious reprint is going to be more valuable than one that is, but some people, like me, might not care if its a 2nd print. Others will and won't bid.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:57 pm 

well Jimking001 you may not want to sell them after digging them out and re-reading them.  You will see how great they were.  :D

If you are going to sell, I would suggest carefully slipping the mags out and selling the binders separately - the red binders can sometimes go for a decent amount themselves on ebay.  Careful though, it can be tricky to slip them out, if the strings are tight, without creasing them.

The early WD issues go well out on their own on ebay.  Maybe list the later issues in groups of three/four.

Hmmm, I am in need of 16-23

...if they are in super condition, to finish off my collection. I will drop you a pm.

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!