The Dwarven Glory, 3rd Print, Good Condition
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:34 pm 

Hello,
I see that the Acaeum lists the last Ebay listing for The Dwarven Glory to be four years ago.  I have a copy complete with all the maps, no writing with some minor cover wear.  It has been years since I was active on Ebay but still have an account showing 130 positives.   Could anyone please conjecture a likely price on Ebay?
Thank you,
Carl Saffer

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:42 pm 

I'll take a guess and say $200-$300.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:22 am 

What ever you do, wait about a month. Prices are flakey this time of year.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:11 am 

carlshead wrote:Hello,
I see that the Acaeum lists the last Ebay listing for The Dwarven Glory to be four years ago.  I have a copy complete with all the maps, no writing with some minor cover wear.  It has been years since I was active on Ebay but still have an account showing 130 positives.   Could anyone please conjecture a likely price on Ebay?
Thank you,
Carl Saffer

Just for clarification, there have been several other 3rd printing DGs that have been sold on Ebay in the last few years.  The sites "auction history" itself isn't all inclusive and it isn't updated as often as the actual valuations listed are.  Despite that, the actual valuations are up-to-date and they do include the more recent copies sold on Ebay into the values listed.

With that said, I would echo both what Mars and BBarsh said.  First off, assuming that it is in as good as condition as you say that it is, it should net somewhere between $200 & $300. You obviously never know with Ebay, but that's what they have typically been selling for.  

In addition, I would wait until at least January 10th or so to put it onto Ebay, as from my own experince it is best always best to avoid the time period of 7 to 10 days before Christmas all the way through 7-10 days after the New Year before starting to list again, if you can.  Things have a tendency to die down during that period because people who are still shopping before Chrismas can't hope to get anything after that time frame and then obviously after Christmas they aren't looking to buy anything right away either as they are trying to recover from the holiday binge spending. Just my $.02.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:26 pm 

Hello,
Thank you for all the advice.  This copy looks exactly like the scan listed in the Acaeum for 3rd print, including the "PRE-FACTORED ADVENTURE FOR USE IN ROLE PLAYING GAMES" on the cover.

I will wait until the second week in January to list it.  Probably let the auction run for 30 days.

Happy Holidays to all,
Carl