B3 Orange
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 1:12 pm 

Hello All,  I noticed an auction of B3 in perhaps VG/EX condition just closed without hitting the reserve amount. Bidding stopped at $168. I was wonder if the time of the year (xmas) or keyword search held this price down. The seller did not provide as many keywords as would be helpful to introduce more bidders...you would have to tailor your search to TSR or the Module's name to find it. Is this the real value of this VG item?  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 1924108376

"before chuck even gets in the room, you can feel the bad-ness." -Al

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 2:07 pm 

That seller has tried to sell that item at least 2-3 times now that I can recall. Each time, the price never even went past 200+. I think perhaps people are most interested in a shrinkwrapped copy than a opened copy. However, if nobleknight can get 500+ for a opened copy this guy should too. His feedback is good as well. Just an anomaly I think. I wish him LUCK if he chooses to resell it.   Like you mentioned Adam, "perhaps" he was hit hard because his title did not have D&D, AD&D, Tsr, etc. He just put extremely rare b3 orange. Most people don't type that in a search. He should better title his auctions.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 7:15 am 

[quote="Mkman"]That seller has tried to sell that item at least 2-3 times now that I can recall. Each time, the price never even went past 200+. I think perhaps people are most interested in a shrinkwrapped copy than a opened copy. However, if nobleknight can get 500+ for a opened copy this guy should too. His feedback is good as well. Just an anomaly I think. I wish him LUCK if he chooses to resell it.   Like you mentioned Adam, "perhaps" he was hit hard because his title did not have D&D, AD&D, Tsr, etc. He just put extremely rare b3 orange. Most people don't type that in a search. He should better title his auctions.[/quote]  Perhaps the $ 20.00 shipping charges discouraged some potential buyers too  :wink:

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 1:37 am 

Good point Sotterraneo.  People have to get real with their auctions.  I do believe it is economic right now, though.  I just read that the retail sector had its worst Christmas in 30 years.  So I think a lot of people are just looking to see what happens over the next couple of months before they plunk down some serious cash for non essentials.