LGJ #0 query
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 4:39 am 

Hi Paul---

I saw that you're selling the GenCon promo version of the LGJ #0; is there any difference between the version handed out at GenCon and the version later given away in Dragon Magazine 274?

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:07 am 

Take it from the editor's mouth: there's no difference. They both came from the same print run, which was maybe 76,000 or so. Of course, about a third or more of that would have been pulped as part of the normal process of how magazines are sold in this country, so the number extant is probably something like 50,000 (which makes it by far the circulation king of the stand-alone Living Greyhawk Journals).

--Erik Mona

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 10:26 am 

Howdy Allan,

grodog wrote:Hi Paul---

I saw that you're selling the GenCon promo version of the LGJ #0; is there any difference between the version handed out at GenCon and the version later given away in Dragon Magazine 274?

Other Paul here.

Erik is right , of course. I sold mine in the past as GenCon ones because that is where I picked them up. I scooped up about 30 of them off of the floor and tables at GenCon in '99. There were hundreds just laying about.

Futures Bright,

Paul

The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.