How much is my collection of Lead Figures worth?
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:40 pm 

I just rediscovered a box from my past. I have a huge amount of lead figures from the 1979-1982 era. They are primarily AD&D characters in the boxes with the yellow trim. I also have all my D&D books from that era. How do I determine value if any? Please advise. Thanks.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:33 pm 

jackmus wrote:I just rediscovered a box from my past. I have a huge amount of lead figures from the 1979-1982 era. They are primarily AD&D characters in the boxes with the yellow trim. I also have all my D&D books from that era. How do I determine value if any? Please advise. Thanks.

If the boxes are nice with little damage, complete and with paperwork they go for about $20-$40 for the small ones and $30-$50 for the big ones.  Most loose minis from Grenadier are worth about $0.50-$1.50 each.  Loose Ral Partha and heritage vary widely.

Hope that helps

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:55 pm 

jackmus wrote:I just rediscovered a box from my past. I have a huge amount of lead figures from the 1979-1982 era. They are primarily AD&D characters in the boxes with the yellow trim. I also have all my D&D books from that era. How do I determine value if any? Please advise. Thanks.

Mars' price range is for complete Grenadier sets (all minis, paperwork, foam) in nice boxes.  Check completed eBay auctions for a reality check; some of the Grenadier boxed sets are worth more than others.

Miniatures made by Custom Cast, Heritage, Dragontooth, and Superior models are worth more than those made by Grenadier.  Martial Metals, not so much.

For the books and modules, you can check the various links in the center of the main Acaeum page (http://www.acaeum.com/), such as "Rulebooks and Sets", "Modules", etc.  Again, check completed eBay auctions to see what the most recent prices are.

Amazon and eBay stores are always at the high end of the price scale.