Judges Guild Stuff
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:36 am 

I also have several things from Judges Guild that i may part with if they have value, too.  The lists in the site can sometimes be deceiving.............

Inferno - really good condition, 1st printing
GenCon IX Dungeons - really good condition, 4th printing
Treasure of Archaic Names - really good condition, 1st printing
First Fantasy Campaign - pretty good condition (some slight wrinkles) with the maps, 3rd printing
Book of Treasure Maps - pretty good condition, 1st printing

Thanks for the input :)

If Life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.....

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:44 pm 

vonmolkew wrote:The lists in the site can sometimes be deceiving....

Actually, the prices listed in the JG subweb are pretty much spot on.  And current.

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:08 pm 

That's cool.  Thanks
It's just that I sold a couple things 2 years ago and got about 50% of what the lists said.  I know the whole "value" thing can be subjective, so I was just checking to see where things seem to be.

Thanks for the info.

I'll be putting these things on eBay in the next few days.

If Life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.....

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:40 am 

As the years pass, things tend to get more valuable, especially if they are somewhat rare / obscure / in demand because there tends to be fewer of them available in a condition most people prefer -- simple rules of supply and demand, really. Sometimes, value goes down over time (mostly due to reprints, in my experience.)

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:34 am 

Now that I'm back from vacation I should be updating the values soon.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:49 pm 

I just listed both these on eBay this evening
Judges Guild: Inferno
Judges Guild:  First Fantasy Campaign

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:27 pm 

an FYI for those collecting the selling prices of Inferno and The First Fantasy Campaign.

The copy of Inferno sold for $42.77 (was hoping for the $60 range)
This was was in the Fine condition, possibly Very Fine as there was little visible damamge

The copy of TFFC sold for $52.50 (was hoping for the $60.00 range as well)
Again this was in the Fine condition, possibly Very Fine.

A bit disappointing based on the numbers in the charts, but when you consider I got Inferno for $ .50 at a garage sale and FFC for $5.00 at a small game convention over 10 years ago, I didn't do that bad.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:39 pm 

Ah, the vagaries of eBay.   :)

I picked up my copy of The First Fantasy Campaign a while back, and paid $66.75.  On the other hand, I also bought a nice copy of Inferno for $37.  A lot just depends on who is looking at any given time.  Another thing to consider is that this is a holiday weekend, and some folks are likely to be away from their computers.  I suspect eBay would never reveal such numbers, but it wouldn't surprise me if liquidity is a little thin on weekends such as this one.  Bottom line is that any indicative price will only be an estimate, at best.

In any case, it still looks like a nice profit, especially for the Inferno.

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:42 pm 

Bracton wrote:Ah, the vagaries of eBay.   :)

I picked up my copy of The First Fantasy Campaign a while back, and paid $66.75.  On the other hand, I also bought a nice copy of Inferno for $37.  A lot just depends on who is looking at any given time.  Another thing to consider is that this is a holiday weekend, and some folks are likely to be away from their computers.  I suspect eBay would never reveal such numbers, but it wouldn't surprise me if liquidity is a little thin on weekends such as this one.  Bottom line is that any indicative price will only be an estimate, at best.

In any case, it still looks like a nice profit, especially for the Inferno.

I used to have trouble selling First Fantasy Campaigns for $10 back in the late 90's. I knew a dealer, probably still selling off his stock, that had cases and cases and cases of Judges Guild.

The name Tony Zilz comes to mind but I'm not sure if I'm confusing him with someone else.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:24 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:
I used to have trouble selling First Fantasy Campaigns for $10 back in the late 90's. I knew a dealer, probably still selling off his stock, that had cases and cases and cases of Judges Guild.

The name Tony Zilz comes to mind but I'm not sure if I'm confusing him with someone else.

Yeah Tony was based out of NY and all his stock went to a guy in Texas so its possible.  I know I bought a lot of stuff from Tony back then.

ShaneG.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:23 pm 

Tony Zilz was great to work with. Anyone knoe the guy in Texas he sold all his stuff to?

James

James Mishler
James Mishler Games

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:19 pm 

jamesmishler wrote:Tony Zilz was great to work with. Anyone knoe the guy in Texas he sold all his stuff to?

Terry Jeffreys (it seems his site is gone)

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:44 pm 

Plaag wrote:Terry Jeffreys (it seems his site is gone)
ShaneG.

Terry is located in North texas, and had sold a good bit of his JG stock to Alan in the UK.
Alan has expressed some interest in buying more of the stock Terry had.
I visited his home (Terry's) a few times a few years ago, but I lost all of my contact info for him when my computer crashed a few months ago.

Anyone have his info?
Phone number?
Mailing address?

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:50 pm 

Odds are this is the same guy:

http://msn.whitepages.com/search/Replay ... mode=opt_a

Renaissance Enterprises is the company name.  Terry goes by the handle Fencert here and on Ebay.  Renaissance Games was the name of his Ebay store.  Of course, this may be old info.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson