ICE MERP- Isengard
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Author

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 5029
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2017
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:00 am 
 

I have listed a Game Accessory for Middle Earth Role playing.

Isengard and Northern Gondor



See Link to my current E-Bay listing:


** expired eBay auction **




I had a questions asked of me by someone who has a web listing for MERP items.

He asked me if he could post my cover pictures to his site.

He gave me a link and I reviewed what he has now and discovered that the copy I have might be a First Print of Isengard.



A link to his site at his page for Isengard:

http://homepage.mac.com/guyf/MERP/Print ... .html#2800



He lists Two versions, the top version is most like the one I have, with a couple of notable exceptions.

The second picture is of course the rear cover.

That picture shows an ISBN and Price at the bottom.

My copy has nothing there.

Otherwise, the two copies are basically the same, though his is in better condition.



What is the value of Isengard in general and what value would a First Print be?



I have mine listed on E-Bay with a beginning price of $20.00 right now.

But since there are no bids, that can be changed.


"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 7942
Joined: Jun 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 19, 2021
Location: DFW TX

Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:24 am 
 

Aneoth wrote:I have listed a Game Accessory for Middle Earth Role playing.
Isengard and Northern Gondor

See Link to my current E-Bay listing:

** expired eBay auction **


I had a questions asked of me by someone who has a web listing for MERP items.
He asked me if he could post my cover pictures to his site.
He gave me a link and I reviewed what he has now and discovered that the copy I have might be a First Print of Isengard.

A link to his site at his page for Isengard:
http://homepage.mac.com/guyf/MERP/Print ... .html#2800

He lists Two versions, the top version is most like the one I have, with a couple of notable exceptions.
The second picture is of course the rear cover.
That picture shows an ISBN and Price at the bottom.
My copy has nothing there.
Otherwise, the two copies are basically the same, though his is in better condition.

What is the value of Isengard in general and what value would a First Print be?

I have mine listed on E-Bay with a beginning price of $20.00 right now.
But since there are no bids, that can be changed.




Aneoth;



Unless the cover is different (in the case of the Mirkwood editions) or it's actually the 2nd edition of an item, in MERP circles there is pretty much no thought given to different print runs, at least in terms of them being worth more or less.



Mike B.


"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 5029
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2017
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:27 am 
 

OK, but do you have any idea of a value?


"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5613
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 15, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:50 am 
 

$10-$15. You probably won't get any bids at $20. It's easy enough to find.


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 5029
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2017
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:10 am 
 

Deadlord39 wrote:$10-$15. You probably won't get any bids at $20. It's easy enough to find.


Thanks, revised to $10.00 starting price.
Appreciate the help, thanks guys.


"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 4745
Joined: Oct 31, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 18, 2021
Location: Garland, TX

Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:07 pm 
 

Is that the copy of Isengard that I gave you a year or so ago?  Man that book was beat to hell.  :lol:


You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 5029
Joined: Oct 11, 2004
Last Visit: Jan 16, 2017
Location: Texas

Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:22 pm 
 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Is that the copy of Isengard that I gave you a year or so ago?  Man that book was beat to hell.  :lol:


Yes.

And yes, as folks can see from the pictures I posted in the listing it is quite used.
Even beat up, it has SOME value, which is why I asked here what the value might be.

I dont have any other MERP items and since there are SOOO many of them to collect, I have no plans to start collecting them, so it is being wasted at my house.
Someone else might be willing to pay a few bucks if they dont have a copy.

The only reason I am selling it is that I am trying to gather a little money to bid on items that I DO collect.
Such as:
Goodman Games DCC's....
Judges Guild....
Tunnels and Trolls....
OD&D and AD&D TSR Modules

Etc...

Edit:
I forgot to mention Castles and Crusades, as I am certainly collecting that system now too.
The grandkids are loving it and the ease of start and play of it is amazing.


"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM


Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 341
Joined: May 18, 2008
Last Visit: Aug 03, 2008

Post Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:08 pm 
 

Aneoth wrote:
Yes.

And yes, as folks can see from the pictures I posted in the listing it is quite used.
Even beat up, it has SOME value, which is why I asked here what the value might be.

I dont have any other MERP items and since there are SOOO many of them to collect, I have no plans to start collecting them, so it is being wasted at my house.
Someone else might be willing to pay a few bucks if they dont have a copy.

The only reason I am selling it is that I am trying to gather a little money to bid on items that I DO collect.
Such as:
Goodman Games DCC's....
Judges Guild....
Tunnels and Trolls....
OD&D and AD&D TSR Modules

Etc...


Merp stuff tends to sell as long it is in usable shape. A lot of people buying for play rather than to collect.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5613
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 15, 2021
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:11 am 
 

$5 for a beat copy would be good.


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 851
Joined: Jun 12, 2004
Last Visit: Dec 29, 2020

Post Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:30 am 
 

Aneoth wrote:The only reason I am selling it is that I am trying to gather a little money to bid on items that I DO collect.

Ahh, so that's why you put up that battered copy of EPT (yeah, that's me who bid on it.)

With Castles & Crusades my friend, everything that you already own for D&D AD&D can be used in the game without breaking it.  Adventures and creatures can be used with a minimum of conversion, only requiring you to subtract the AC from 20, and (optionally) adjusting the movement rate by 2.5 times.

I'm quite proud of my work there. :)



  
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 1 of 1