Australian Realms Complete Run
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:15 am 

As the subject implies, how much do you think a complete run of the Australian Realms would go for?  I'm wondering if it's worth putting on eBay, or should just stay in a storage box for another 10 years.  Thanks for input.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:41 am 

there's the first 15 odd issues on aussie ebay at the moment William.. they don't come up often even on the Aussie site.. considering its a complete run you can save bigtime of postage thats for sure...

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:48 pm 

Hi Brette,

I just picked up an AR issue called 'Australian Realms presents the Adventures of the A-Team'. Were there many special editions released? Or was this the only one?

Cheers, J

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:27 am 

What kind of magazine Australian Realms is?

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:14 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:Hi Brette,

I just picked up an AR issue called 'Australian Realms presents the Adventures of the A-Team'. Were there many special editions released? Or was this the only one?

Cheers, J

I saw that, have't seen one sold in a long long time...

2, that one, which is really the comics from the magazine and Wair-Rae:Unae Book 1..

See http://www.arielarchives.com/ARealms.html

Also lists contents of all the issue Alexander1968.. make it easy on you;)

Thanks

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:51 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:I just picked up an AR issue called 'Australian Realms presents the Adventures of the A-Team'.

I was watching that and then didn't bid because I didn't want to ship it from Australia to Canada.  I think a US auction for these would be a lot more appealing to North Americans.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:00 am 

beasterbrook wrote:Also lists contents of all the issue Alexander1968.. make it easy on you;)

It seems a very interesting magazine. But I fear that shipping the collection from Australia to Italy would be horrendously expensive... or not?  8)

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:26 pm 

beasterbrook wrote:
I saw that, have't seen one sold in a long long time...

2, that one, which is really the comics from the magazine and Wair-Rae:Unae Book 1..

See http://www.arielarchives.com/ARealms.html

Also lists contents of all the issue Alexander1968.. make it easy on you;)

Thanks

Thanks for that. Actually, I got a copy of it plus many other ARealms from that Seller outside of Ebay. I suspect she has multiple copies.

There are currently three or four Sellers that seem to be selling off Valhalla hobbies old stock. I thought that the company must have gone under, with a receiver selling the old Valhalla inventory for peanuts. I have seen items Valhalla had listed for $100 listed at 99 cents and sell for a few dollars. It seems maintaining Ebay's silliest RPG auction prices proved difficult!

Last edited by HermitFromPluto on Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:41 pm 

HermitFromPluto wrote:There are currently three or four Sellers that seem to be selling off Valhalla hobbies old stock.

Last I checked Valhalla was back up in business as a store.  They even updated their news on their website last august.

http://www.valhallagames.com.au/

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:11 pm 

That is interesting. I wonder what actually happened. The items I received from that Seller were all ex-Valhalla stock and there are definitely a few Sellers on ebay selling the same stuff - you can tell from the pictures. Valhalla stick yellow stickers on everything (often inside the mags / modules), there are stock item stickers with item numbers and often obscene prices on them  - and then often the item is re-shrinkwrapped.

I guess they just had a massive sale to get rid of old stock. Perhaps a restructuring / moving sale. I'll ask the Seller I know........

- maybe there are still some great deals to be had!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:22 pm 

I'd be interested in a complete run. Damn, no one told me there was Australian Gamma World stuff in there... I needs me some mutant koalaroo!

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:24 am 

Intriguingly, the Seller with the stack of Valhalla stuff told me that company did go broke. So Valhalla has apparently started again from scratch!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:16 am 

HermitFromPluto wrote:Intriguingly, the Seller with the stack of Valhalla stuff told me that company did go broke. So Valhalla has apparently started again from scratch!

That's so odd...with their prices, how did they ever not sell anything????  :roll:

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:30 pm 

I've spoken to 2 different sellers of ex-Vahalla items.

Both didn't know much (if anything) of his last store, which was within 2-3 kms of my house.
There was a number of large lots from his store which were auctioned online - one of the resellers told me which site but I can't currently recall, and that's where he directly got his from.
This seller was the one which recently sold the Australian prints of the D &/or G mods (spectacular!spectacular!)

As mentioned on a different thread, both re-sellers seem like very nice people and I've mentioned the Acaeum in case they need any help.

I'll do more checking from this end and check out at his last store, to see if it is indeed still there.

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:24 am 

mandalaymoon wrote:As the subject implies, how much do you think a complete run of the Australian Realms would go for? I'm wondering if it's worth putting on eBay, or should just stay in a storage box for another 10 years. Thanks for input.

I've got 29 of the 30 issues ( now just missing #8 ), which I've slowly been collecting for a while. I'd say, on average, the magazines would go for about $10 each. I've seen them on ebay go for a little less and others pushing towards $30. It all depends who's out there at the time!

ImageImage

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:00 am 

I wouldn't think you would get that much in general.  I have no doubt that from time to time they do hit these numbers but its not a typical price.

From the latest bunch of auctions, 12 issues were up at a starting bid of $10 AUD = $6.50 USD and none of them got even a single bid.

Australian Realms is a magazine that most people outside of Australia don't really know and is less popular than Imagine.  I think past sets of Imagine are in the $200-$250 range for a set of AR I would guess $200ish.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:07 am 

Here is another Seller offering ex-Valhalla items. Check out Valhalla's original price on the re-shrinkwrapped Legends Lore! Crap condition and inside SW with a $50 + price tag!!!!

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:27 am 

Man I have trouble completing my Australian Realms collection. There is someone willing to pay 20 bucks per issue at the moment. Seems a ridiculous price. I have been picking them up anywhere from $1 to $10 and really don't want to bid higher. Am I being over optimistic?

Next