The Dragon magazine
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:36 pm 

I have a copy of The Dragon #10 that I wish to sell, does anyone have an idea of the kind of price I should expect.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:50 pm 

That could be a pretty big range ... #10 or near there is where things begin to get tricky in terms of perceived Dragon "value."

I'll assume reasonably good condition, with intact covers, no writing, and that sort of thing. I'd say you could BIN it from $25 to maybe $40 or $50, depending on how long you want the item to (possibly) just sit there.

An open auction could bring more, of course ... gotta love those bidding wars! But with so many single issues of magazines sold through BINs these days, I worry that it might actually bring a bit less. It's hard to say; every time I think I've got a pretty good handle on eBay prices, they go all crazy on me.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:39 pm 

Condition
No marks, little discocolation
There are signs of creasing on the cover, except for manufacture creasing You'd have to see it to understand it. I can provide very detailed pics on the Internet if required.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:44 pm 

Ooops! most important point is that the staples are rusted. an in turn discolour the internal Snit Smashing game which is still in place, in the centre as it should be. Again, photos can be provided.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:37 am 

Xaxaxe wrote:I'll assume reasonably good condition, with intact covers, no writing, and that sort of thing. I'd say you could BIN it from $25 to maybe $40 or $50, depending on how long you want the item to (possibly) just sit there.

As you say. I'm not looking for silly money, but, I'm happy to sit on it for a year or ten. I'm still weepy after the chainmail sale. and trust me, that was a rather spiffingly nice article, I can tellyou.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:07 am 

I think with the game intact, you'd get a bite at $39.95 BIN pretty quick... at $49.95 it might be a bit tougher sell, but with patience and nice images you'd probably find a taker... good luck.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:05 pm 

I'd forgotten about the Snits game; that will certainly help.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:40 am 

scabrat wrote:Ooops! most important point is that the staples are rusted. an in turn discolour the internal Snit Smashing game which is still in place, in the centre as it should be. Again, photos can be provided.

For your description in your listing, I would mention the Snits Game (Complete and still in the mag) being in that issue, along with all other Articles and relevant information.

The appraisals mentioned above seem OK, though some of them seem a little steap for BINs; with the Staple rust and that rust discoloring/affecting the Snits game.

Even so, I suspect you will not be dissapointed if you list it with or without a BIN.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM