Re-wrap German Expert Set
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:10 pm 

I picked this up saw the BIN and couldn't help myself.

** expired eBay auction **

First I had no idea who the seller was but they have good feedback

Payment went to complaints at tnt .com that was a real confidence builder I must say.

My questions are what the heck do I do with it. I have no stuff outside the US prints and to me it's sweet. The box is solid no outside flaws.

I figured it would be best to just crack the shrink wrap to make sure all the contents are really there. No staple rust etc...

Wouldn't it be better to know whats in it. I think the whole rewrap hurts the value.

If it is truely complete and suppose it's VF inside and out. Then what is this thing worth I have seen other stuff I think french come up but I think they were factory sw so they went for quite a bit. I can't say I have seen much German Sets come up. I don't know if I would want to sale it but I don't read German and if I knew someone wanted it or needed it more than I did I don't mind helping others out.

Why is life so much like running a 3rd lvl Elf through a 10th lvl dungeon.

--------------------------------------------

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:22 pm 

Malakai wrote:First I had no idea who the seller was but they have good feedback

Really?   93.1%???  I'd hate to see what you consider bad feedback!  PDT_Armataz_01_23

Honestly though, I am not a fan of shrinkwrapped items....especially the re-shrinked kind.  However, I probably wouldnt remove it.  I would just use it as a display piece 'cause it is pretty interesting.  Besides...what would be the point of opening it unless you can read German?  :wink:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:47 pm 

I would probably open the shrink but cut it around the stickers and keep those too.

Even if I can't read the books, I'd be curious if the artwork inside is the same and what else was inside the box.  Particularly since the seller is essentially a spin off of Troll and Toad and for a price of $10 I wonder what they are really selling.  T&T doesn't sell a D&D basic book for less than $10.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:51 pm 

93.1%??? I think the number was higher this was before the 12 month change. And I took this into consideration.

Page 4 feedback:

Reply by magicprin* (Apr-03-08 13:33):
The last person using this account is no longer with us. I am new, better.

And since then they have not had a sigle neg or neutral everyone since them has claimed how wonderful they were. Guess I am the optomist in things. It would explain the email account if they really did switch people the old person sounded lke they deserved the [email protected]

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:02 pm 

Troll and Toad purchases a $150,000 board game & RPG collection from one of the world's largest private board game collections attained from Ken Fonarow. Collection includes first or second actual game copies, signed games, and games from Charles Roberts(founder of Avalon Hill) collection.

With that in mind maybe they are someone to watch generally when you dump that kind of cash out you go into a quick grab for fast cash. Hence they will be releasing some oddities with lower prices just to recoup.

Mars wrote:Even if I can't read the books, I'd be curious if the artwork inside is the same and what else was inside the box.  Particularly since the seller is essentially a spin off of Troll and Toad and for a price of $10 I wonder what they are really selling.  T&T doesn't sell a D&D basic book for less than $10.

Those were my 2 thoughts all I have seen are cover scans from here and if they know for sure it's a rewrap then what about the contents? Maybe it's a bunch of water logged modules? With my luck it's a bunch of Barbie coloring books insides. With all the pages colored pink...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:53 pm 

Malakai wrote:With that in mind maybe they are someone to watch generally when you dump that kind of cash out you go into a quick grab for fast cash. Hence they will be releasing some oddities with lower prices just to recoup.

I don't think they are at all interested in releasing anything cheap and for their $150,000 I think they got a steal of a deal that will probably at least triple their investment.  Troll and Toad is a store that goes through the inventory of other resellers and buys their stuff to resell at even higher prices.