Selling on e-Bay: Bundle or single?
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:05 pm 

What's the best way to get your value?

Here's my example:

I want to sell my Traveller stuff.  I have all 13 Supplements, which means I also have Azhanti High Lightning.

I simply CAN'T sell "Lightning Class Cruisers" without selling AHL, so should I sell it as a lot (INCLUDES AHL!), or sell them individually.

Or sell them in bundles 1-4, 6-9, 10-13 and AHL?

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:50 pm 

Obviously do not sell the Azhanti High Lightning without supplement 5.  I hate it when people do that.  :x

If you look at some of the recent individual Traveller supplement and adventure auctions on Ebay you will notice that most of them often dont sell.  And if they do, they usually sell for around $5 or less.  Unfortunately these supplements dont normally get a whole lot more if you offer them in a lot.  But they are definitely more likely to sell.

If you try to sell them as singles you may be able to get more money for them but it will probably take you much longer to get rid of them.

If it was me I would sell it all in one lot...dont split it up at all.  You never know when some brand new Traveller afficionado is going to come along and push the price up on a lot like that.  But that is just how I would do it.  :wink:

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 6:11 pm 

King of Pain:

Right!  They want Supplement 5?  They can get it the way I got it, BUY Azhanti High Lightning!  If they're a true collector, they'll want the full game anyway.

But honestly I don't know what's more depressing.

Parting with my Traveller collection, or the fact that I have no use for it.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Mon May 05, 2008 6:30 pm 

Mouse Police wrote:But honestly I don't know what's more depressing.

Parting with my Traveller collection, or the fact that I have no use for it.

Sad indeed.  But look at the bright side....at least you were able to play it once and have the memories of doing so.  I on the other hand have a fairly decent Traveller collection and have yet to play a game.  :cry:  :)

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:46 am 

King of Pain:

Maybe... Maybe not.  I have my memories, but you still have imagination!

Sadder still to watch it die
than never to have known it
for you the blind who once could see
the bell tolls for thee

Losing It, Rush (from the album Signals)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 4:29 pm 

Here's a puzzler:

I recently saw the OCE "white box" sell for...  um...

Well, I didn't write down the price.  But it sold for considerably more than the box set PLUS Greyhawk, Blackmoor, Eldritch Wizardry, Gods Demigods & Heroes AND Swords & Spells!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 4:40 pm 

Mouse Police wrote:Here's a puzzler:

I recently saw the OCE "white box" sell for...  um...

Well, I didn't write down the price.  But it sold for considerably more than the box set PLUS Greyhawk, Blackmoor, Eldritch Wizardry, Gods Demigods & Heroes AND Swords & Spells!

well that white box thing is a strange one and there never seems to be any regularity with it, though it has gone high recently for obvious reasons.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 17, 2008 8:03 pm 

Killjoy:

What is the "obvious reason" for the white box to go so high?

It wasn't part of my collection that I intended to sell... originally.

But when I saw the price, I thought "Why not"?

I was originally looking to get rid of all my "F*** Awful Realms" and "Dragonlance".

Still not sure if I want to part with Ravenloft.  I have no reason to keep it.

I have no reason to keep anything, but if I'm going to keep my 1st Edition Collection, then why not keep Ravenloft, too!

My birthday is October 27th.  I LOVE that time of year, and I LOVE that particular Holiday follows soon after!  I love it when the leaves have lost their color, and barely a few remain on the trees.  I love that stark beauty, when the skies are grey, and the chill of winter is on the wind!

But maybe that's because I live in Minnesota.  And that's when the mosquitos have gone...