Hidden Kingdom
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:05 am 

lokiwookie wrote in Hidden Kingdom:It seems...

Too bad that they are not selling the "companion" set for the original HK, which is nearly impossible to find.

Just started the Kickstarter Campaign for the reboot.  High Chivalry is part of the campaign.

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:06 am 

GeneR wrote in Hidden Kingdom:Hidden Kingdom is back. We currently have a Kickstarter Campaign going to get a second printing out.  If I can find a copy of High Chivalry in my attic I will put it out for people interested.  But once we get the 2nd printing out we will put out a number of supplements.  High Chivalry will not be one of them, but many of the concepts of High Chivalry will be in the supplements.

As to contacts people say were not returned.  There were several of us involved in the original project.  I cannot speak for the other parties, but when people contacted me I responded.  I have sold copies over the years to people that have contacted.  

Yes The High King Sponsorship is rather high priced.  I only have a few copies left and am not wild about giving them up.  They are boxed for shipping and have set that way for 30 years.  So copies would be absolutely mint. I have got one sponsorship at this level, which is about what I expected.   Yes the 2nd printing is the same game but with a different format.  It is now 8.5 x 11 and some of the charts and tables are reorganized.  The map will probably shrink by 2" (by taking out the white border); a 24" map is just easier to get printed than the current 26".  So the value of the High King Edition is simply collectible.

I have some post on HK at Kickstarter and some other forums.  See the post on Where We are Going.  I think the game will become a much more versatile game if we can get it back in print and start getting out some supplements.  

I hope I can get some support from the people in this forum.  There is not a lot of money for promotion and I do not have a track record in Kickstarter.  THIS IS HARD.  I hope to build some momentum and get some following, even if the campaign fails.  I have some other ideas to get the game out and will work on those if it fails, but I really want to build a base to work with.  There is a Hidden Kingdom Players Group on Facebook now and the new Company Fun Quest Games also has a page.  You can also go to FunQuestGames.com.

I want to thank any of you for support you can offer.  I am open to comments and criticism.

We just started our 2nd Kickstarter Effort and after 3 days are 75% funded.  We have a Hard Cover Option and a PDF Option.  High Chivalry and other goodies are available.

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:20 pm 

Mars wrote in Hidden Kingdom:Am I missing something or are they basically selling the original game for $400+ with the $500 High King backer?

We are back up on Kickstarter.  There are lots of options available, including the High Chivalry Module.

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:21 pm 

TheHistorian wrote in Hidden Kingdom:
Mars wrote in Hidden Kingdom:Am I missing something or are they basically selling the original game for $400+ with the $500 High King backer?

Yes. Which is odd. It's hard to imagine someone being interested in something this obscure but not checking around for copies at a fraction of the price.

In any event, I've been talking to him, and even mentioned the supplement, so we'll see what happens.

High Chivalry is Available on the new Kickstarter Campaign.

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:23 pm 

aia wrote in Hidden Kingdom:
lokiwookie wrote in Hidden Kingdom:It seems...

Too bad that they are not selling the "companion" set for the original HK, which is nearly impossible to find.

Ditto!

But hold, maybe someone might suggest to set this as astretch goal... eheheh...

WE are back up at Kickstarter.  High Chivalry is available.  We have already hit our goal.

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:46 am 

Well since i am a lazy guy i'd love to have a link to the campaign here...

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:51 am 

alert icon

There's an original High Chivalry with a repro cover available.

Plus reprints. Limited hardcovers. PDFs. Lots of options.

I'm in :)

I draw the line at collecting... D&D beach towels.

Shoulda been: ".. from Pangreenia to Floratopolis, from mystical Treeonia of spectral Forests to Schruborial dimensions." - The Forests of Leng

Previous