Comics
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:19 pm 

Would you guys consider the Heavy Metal things as comic books, or trades, or what? I have a few of them, and was wondering what they might be worth.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:40 pm 

benjoshua wrote:I do not plan on buying the D&D Comic.

The one from DC Comics? Back in the '80s, I think? If so, then you're not missing anything; it was strictly for the lips-move-when-I-read crowd.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:57 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:The one from DC Comics? Back in the '80s, I think? If so, then you're not missing anything; it was strictly for the lips-move-when-I-read crowd.

LOL Amen. The Spelljammer, Dragonlance, and AD&D titles were atrocious.  At least the Forgotten Realms title had some wonderful Rags Morales artwork in most of the issues.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:43 pm 

serleran wrote:Would you guys consider the Heavy Metal things as comic books, or trades, or what? I have a few of them, and was wondering what they might be worth.

Everything & nothing. You can find them bagged at comics shops for $10+, but also at Half Price for a buck or two. They were all printed in massive quantities, so even early issues are super-common.

Non-rare printings of the basic blue book & 1st ed. AD&D hardbacks are a good comparison. Everyone loves them, everyone's got them, but valuable, no.

edit: On second thought while HM doesn't command a high price, they are the kind of blue-chip commodity which any used-comics shop is likely to stock & want to buy from you. Just maybe not for a whole lot.

That's much more than may be said for a great many comics titles, which no one wants to buy at any price.

Previous