Worth/desirability of Dark Sun items?
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:24 pm 

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd wander on over and consult the resident sages yet again... :)

As I continue sorting through the collection I acquired recently, I've discovered that the previous owner was a DARK SUN enthusiast.  So far I've found at least ten adventure modules/supplements with more to come.

As that particular campaign setting never really interested/appealed to me, I know very little about it and need some advice.

Are DARK SUN items particularly sought after?  Would I be better off trying to sell these things off in one big lot rather than individual items?  As with other items from this collection, they aren't in the best of shape (staple rust, etc.), and wouldn't be the "pride of a collection" but could find a good home to someone interested in playing copies, IMHO.

Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated.  I can provide further details as needed.

Thanks for your time,
JohnH
aka Wandering Monster

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:42 pm 

Black Spine is probably the most sought after item.

I would sell individually if you had the time, but if they are in beat up shape, sell as a lot.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:08 pm 

What's in the collection?

Black Spine is indeed probably the most desirable.  (Pity that those module boxes crush so easily. :() Though I've seen some of the revised set supplements go for a decent-ish price, but nothing special.

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:11 pm 

Most you would be lucky to get retail price for

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:53 pm 

Will and the Way and Defilers/Preservers can get you $15-$20 depending on condition.  Not a lot else above cover really.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:24 pm 

Dark Sun has always been one of my favorite sub-campaign settings. Although, the psionics aspect is not my favorite, I have always liked the setting. Problem was that TSR really did a terrible job of producing decent supplements and modules. A pity because it really had tremendous potential (unlike several of the other settings TSR flooded the market with).

Back on your topic. The first printing of the Campagin Setting can do ok, if it is in excellent condition.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/