Worth of signed Jeff Easley print from Silver Anniv box set?
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:47 am 

Hi everyone,

After giving this matter some consideration, I'm going to break up the contents of that Silver Anniversary boxed set that I recently acquired.

Personally, I think that aside from Deep Dwarven Delve, the highlight will be the signed Jeff Easley print from it (which I believe is marked #364/1000, but I'd have to check first).

Does anyone care to estimate the approximate worth of this piece?  Cos I think I'd rather try to sell it to someone here or at the RPG Marketplace rather than go through feeBay at the moment...

Cheers,
JohnH
aka Wandering Monster

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:49 am 

I think the complete set with the signed print would be worth buying at around $250-ish in shrink, maybe $200 opened, but the print alone I personally wouldn't buy.

Let mirth prevail!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:48 pm 

bombadil wrote:I think the complete set with the signed print would be worth buying at around $250-ish in shrink, maybe $200 opened, but the print alone I personally wouldn't buy.

Hi Bombadil,

I don't know if you've followed one of my earlier threads, but the modules within this particular Silver Anniversary set were affected pretty badly by staple rust. (The original owner wasn't much concerned about storing things, apparently.)

This is why I was figuring on breaking up the set.

Also, I suspect that an unscrupulous reseller could potentially substitute this signed print for an unsigned print in an already-opened SA set, thereby driving up the price value of said hypothetical set by quite a bit... Or am I being too mercenary here??   :lol:

Cheers,
JohnH
aka Wandering Monster