Harnmaster & Paranoia
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:31 pm 

I recently came across a large batch of older Paranoia books from West End and a bunch of shrinkwrapped Harmaster books from Columbia.  Judging from recently completed Ebay auctions, the paranoia stuff looks weak, and there are few if any Harmaster transactions.  Can anyone help me out with this?  Thanks much!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:42 pm 

Paranoia is generally always weak.  I don't know if any one it sells for cover price or even half cover.

For the Harnmaster stuff, there are some items that seem to sell in the $30-$50 range.  A large selection of old and newer Harn stuff is still for sale direct from Columbia Games, http://columbiagames.com/, so most of that stuff sells for less than cover in third party sales.  Some of the items that are out of stock are the ones that sell in the $30-$50 range above.  I haven't really kept track of them to know which ones in particular they are though.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:12 pm 

I'm after some of the Paranoia and Harn stuff...

Paranoia doesn't do exceptionallly well but I love the sytem (I won't be able to tell you why unless you have Ultraviolot level security though.. praises be to the never wrong Computer!) The Harn stuff appreas in spurts, Aaron has a rather large selection that he bought from a collector in exceptional quality (shrink etc) But I believe that he has droped his prices on this recently...

Pm me or email a list and what its going for if you are interested in selling some stuff...

Thanks

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:14 pm 

There's some Harn 1st edition stuff I'm after, too. ;)

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:57 pm 

Yes. Harn sells pretty well. There are a lot of common items that are still in print and easy to get. But some of the earlier editions are really hard to find in good condition. They always seem to be missing maps and such.

Harn really is a great system. The material is really interesting to read and the way the fan body is contributing to building up and filling out the world is remarkable.

I am still trying to build up my collection as well.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:10 pm 

I just have the box set, can't start collecting Harn, not right now anyway ;) Pretty good though from what I've read of it and the fan stuff.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:48 am 

Let me know which Harn books are Rare, and I will see if they are available.  The seller is just looking for original retail price, but I have no familiarity with the system, so I have no idea if they are rares or common.  If there is something that anyone wants let me know, and if he has it, it's yours.

Neal