White Dwarf DVD
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:56 pm 

Hi guys. I still have some of the DVDs. GW threatened to sue me and eBay removed my eBay auctions when I tried to sell my first batch. I sold a chunk of my remaining stock to DMWhitfield and sat on the rest for a rainy day.

<ADDED>

From what I understand, there are two disk images. One is of a dead astronaught crawling away from his ship. The other is of a stick thin alien standing in a barren landscape. The data and boxes are identical. The dead astronaught is the common one, and the alien is the rare one.

Curiously, in the CD version of the archive, both images form disks one and two of the set, so I can only imagine it was a printing error that saw disk two being used for DVDs.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Last edited by mbassoc2003 on Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:24 pm 

rainy day now?? ;) ;) demand on dragonsfoot also btw
watch out for gw legal department have been busy recent

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:27 pm 

*cough*interested*cough*

BTW, computer-wise, will these be readable by Macs? Or, if not, are the files at least PDFs, which could be dragged into a new folder or something? (this is what us Mac-folk did with the Dragon Archive, for instance).

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:29 pm 

I'd entertain private offers. I haven't been active on eBay in a year or so. Really busy. But I'd be open to private offers should anyone wish to make such an offer. I have the DVDs. I also have the CD version, but it's the only copy I know about and would appear to be a display copy. IIRC they are standard PDFs but I haven't looked at mine in years.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:01 pm 

The .pdfs are not OCR'd (so they're just scanned images, unlike the Dragon Archive), and they're not readabe in Acrobat 6.0, you need Reader/Pro 7.0.  Otherwise, they're fine.  

Good to see you Ian, been awhile :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:29 pm 

Well, I didn't know that. So the Dragon Mag Archive can be coppied to Word? I really must try that. I think mine had Acrobat Reader on it, but it's probably just the PC version.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:33 pm 

Yeah, thats one good thing about the Dragon Magazine Archive which also allows you to do searches for specific words.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:35 am 

Could this be the same printers that done the White Dwarf DVD?

** expired/removed eBay auction **

The white and red stripe on the face of the CD looks a lot like the one on the back of my DVD boxes where the barcode is meant to be.

Now I know I didn't buy them from this guy, but something seems a little fishy here, and surely this can't be legal either!

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Previous