Traveller stuff
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:35 am 

Just going through some of my old traveller stuff and I wanted to ask the forum what it may be worth.  Here is the list

Traveller Digest #18,19
Megatraveller Alien : Solomani and Aslan (found this on Ebay for $100+??)
Megatraveller The diassora Sector
Megatraveller Subsidized Merchant Deck Plans
Megatraveller Labratory Ship Deck Plans
Traveller New Era Alians of the Rim
Traveller New Era Vampire Fleet
Traveller New Era World Tamer's handbook
Traveller New Era The Guilded Lilly
Traveller New Era Reformation Coalition Equipment Guide

I just don't follow this type of stuff, I sold the bulk of my collection a year or two ago and got some good cash for some of the items.  These ones just got missed somehow :?

Anyway any help is appreciated :)

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:14 am 

I'd wait for Traveller to come around and say anything for certain, but the following is what my experience has been:

The Megatraveller aliens book is worth a decent amount.  (Most of the DGP books are.)  Exactly how much likely depends on if you get the right people interested or not.

The New Era books are, from my past experience, probably in the $5 range.

The rest, I can't comment on.

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:03 am 

Blackmoor wrote:Just going through some of my old traveller stuff and I wanted to ask the forum what it may be worth.  Here is the list

Traveller Digest #18,19
Megatraveller Alien : Solomani and Aslan (found this on Ebay for $100+??)
Megatraveller The diassora Sector
Megatraveller Subsidized Merchant Deck Plans
Megatraveller Labratory Ship Deck Plans
Traveller New Era Alians of the Rim
Traveller New Era Vampire Fleet
Traveller New Era World Tamer's handbook
Traveller New Era The Guilded Lilly
Traveller New Era Reformation Coalition Equipment Guide

I just don't follow this type of stuff, I sold the bulk of my collection a year or two ago and got some good cash for some of the items.  These ones just got missed somehow :?

Anyway any help is appreciated :)

I dont follow the prices on the digests and fanzines so I can't help you there.  But the majority of the New Era stuff is pretty common and you should expect to get no more than $10 for each of them with the exception of Vampire Fleets which floats between $25-$40.  The MegaTraveller items dont come up nearly as much so you may get some decent interest in them.  Obviously the Solomani & Aslan book is hard to get a hold of but dont expect to get $100 for it.  The seller of the one you found on Ebay has had several Digest Group and Paranoia Press Traveller items either in his store or ran auctions with seriously ridiculous BIN's over the last year.  Both MegaTraveller Alien books have been sitting in his store with $250 BIN's for quite awhile and just now has he started lowering his prices.  I would think $50-$75 would be a more realistic price but hey....you never know.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:16 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:But the majority of the New Era stuff is pretty common and you should expect to get no more than $10 for each of them with the exception of Vampire Fleets which floats between $25-$40.

I now feel lucky about my copy of Vampire Fleets, as it seemed to slip under the radar. :)

By the way, Blackmoor, I might be interested in some of the New Era stuff.  Depends on the price and a few things on my end that I need to check.

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:58 am 

g026r wrote:I now feel lucky about my copy of Vampire Fleets, as it seemed to slip under the radar. :)

Over the past couple of years I have been very lucky with getting Traveller items fairly cheap.  Over a year ago when I picked up Vampire Fleets I had just seen a copy go for $45 and then a couple of weeks later got mine for less than $30.  I also picked up copies of Grand Census and Grand Survey just a couple of months ago in the $30 range not long after a few copies had sold for more than $50.

The other New Era item that seems to grab a lot of attention is the Keepers of the Flame sourcebook.  It hardly ever comes up on Ebay and used to hit the $30 price tag when it did.  I think I paid about $16 for mine.

By the way, if you have a lot of interest in Traveller and particularly enjoy the New Era storyline, you might want to pick up a copy of The New Era 1248 Sourcebook:
http://www.comstar-games.com/csg-store/ ... cts_id=113

It is a continuation of the New Era storyline and expands greatly on what happened after Virus was unleashed on the Third Imperium and surrounding systems.  The author goes a bit over the top in some parts but all-in-all I thought it was a very good read.

You don't like your job, you don't strike. You go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:17 pm 

TNE (Traveller: The New Era) suffered from the dual problems of a system that wasn't Traveller and a setting people weren't all too keen on.  The system was the GDW house system, which was made available for the Twilight: 2000 revision and Dark Conspiracy.  The setting?  They blew the Imperium all to hell so they could start over.  Sure, you had the Spinward Marches if you liked an Imperium setting, but it just wasn't the same.  That, plus the extreme mechanics changes made the game a bit unpopular.  The savvy gamers that wanted to give TNE a try bought the Survival Margin book in addition to the core rules.

With that said, the New Era books are not particularly scarce or valuable.  Like 2300 books, you won't get much more than $5, Vampire Fleets excepted.  That one will net you about $25.

Now...let's get to the MegaTraveller material.

To correct a possible misconception here regarding DGP material, only the MegaTraveller DGP books like the World Builder's Handbook and the Starship Operator's Manual have significant value (in the $50 range).  This is because Marc W. Miller doesn't have the rights to reprinting the material, and the rights holder won't allow reprints without meeting his insane price ($100,000).  Therefore, these books are likely NEVER to be reprinted, and it's this knowledge that the books won't be reprinted that keeps the prices high.  The magazines listed above, while for MegaTraveller, tend to not have the collectibility of the books.  I'd recommend selling the two as a lot with a starting bid of $10 and see where that takes you.

As I was saying, the MegaTraveller DGP books are the only books with significant value.  The two aliens books listed above are two of the books with significant value.  Each should fetch $50, perhaps much higher.

The Astrogator's Guide to the Diaspora Sector is the second to last product GDW published for the MegaTraveller line.  As a result, fewer of them were printed than the early books in the run.  Its value lies in its usefulness for any edition of the game since it's nothing more than a sector map and a 16-page booklet.  Amazon has three of them available, starting at about $20, which to me seems to be a bit out of line given what the guide has inside of it.  I'd list it at about $10 and go from there.

The two ship deck plans are by Seeker Gaming Systems and multiple printings exist.  All had their title sheets redesigned to conform to the look and feel of the other MegaTraveller books and supplements.  They don't come up too often, but they also aren't especially valuable as each ended up being reprinted by themselves, as well as being made available in MegaSets, of which two were produced covering all the deck plans.  I'd list them at $5 each and sell them that way.

My opinion of course. :)

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:34 pm 

The traveller digests top out at around the $20 each mark on ebay..

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:03 am 

Thanks guys :D

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!