6th Printing OCE D&D White Box in Shrink Wrap
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:27 pm 

i picked up a 6th printing OCE white box still in shrink wrap a few years back. Due to life changes I'm thinking of selling it and was wondering what people valued it at?

Its got about a dime to quarter size hole in the shrink wrap on the front (and thus the box revealed by it has a slight color shift.) other then that its pretty mint. I got it from a super reputable dealer so i know its authentic.

any ideas???

Thanks

Last edited by timebeing on Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:36 pm 

Probably about $180-250 or so.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:16 am 

grodog wrote:Probably about $180-250 or so.

I agree, although I'd go to the high end. A typical unused copy would bring you $150 or more; with SW, you get the nuts out who have to have the shrink, they''ll up the price by $100 or so.  I'd say $250.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:13 pm 

I was also going to suggest a $250 BIN. It is a reasonable price for a shrink box. If you decide to run a traditional auciton style and have the BIN option, start your bid at around $75. Be sure to include a couple pictures showing off the "greatness" of your shrinkage. Some shrink-head will bite. The higher starting bid will generally scare some idiot who thinks he is going to get it for $5. It also makes your BIN look more reasonable.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:42 pm 

Thanks. that is a little lower then i paid for it at auction, but not by much. If i sell it it will likely be at the Gen-con Indy auction.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:21 am 

timebeing wrote:Thanks. that is a little lower then i paid for it at auction, but not by much. If i sell it it will likely be at the Gen-con Indy auction.

sure someone unhappy no $250 bin :) :) other shrink oce more recent spotted + crushed

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:15 am 

timebeing wrote:i picked up a 6th printing OCE white box still in shrink wrap a few years back. Due to life changes I'm thinking of selling it and was wondering what people valued it at?

Its got about a dime to quarter size hole in the shrink wrap on the front (and thus the box revealed by it has a slight color shift.) other then that its pretty mint. I got it from a super reputable dealer so i know its authentic.

any ideas???

Thanks

As to the color variation...How's it been stored since you bought it?  Any moisture exposure?

Let mirth prevail!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:23 pm 

bombadil wrote:
As to the color variation...How's it been stored since you bought it?  Any moisture exposure?

yeah that part of the box is slightly yellowed. If anything its good proof that it was the original shrink wrap. It was that way when i bought it. its been stored in a moisture free, sun free area, flat.

as for that ebay auction. thanks! he states he payed 334$ for his which is more then what i paid. if i can find a digital camera I'll take pictures an post them here.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:29 am 

I think $200-$250 is probably pretty reasonable.  There was this one not so long ago that looked pretty nice and sold for $204:

** expired eBay auction **