Greyhawk supplement True first print -how rare?
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 12:12 pm 

Hi all, just wanted to find out from other collectors how rare Greyhawk Supplement 1 true first print is? I've only seen about 5? copies ever float around for sale on ebay. Each went for about 100+ dollars. Please provide your input.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 7:58 pm 

Mkman wrote:Hi all, just wanted to find out from other collectors how rare Greyhawk Supplement 1 true first print is? I've only seen about 5? copies ever float around for sale on ebay. Each went for about 100+ dollars. Please provide your input.
 Can't say much on that score Mike.  My old copy of Greyhawk was something like a 5th printing, perhaps, though I sold it years ago.    I've seen the original printings from time-to-time as well, but haven't really done much digging into the matter.  I'm sure if you asked Gary or Rob Kuntz, they could probably give you some ideas about the size of the initial print run (if that's what you're looking for).

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 8:03 pm 

Hi Allan, you've seen the 1st prints or the true first prints? I'm asking to solicit some answers and replies from other collectors on what they think about this item and its rarity. Lets hear what you others think!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 9:34 pm 

I had a true first print that I sold for $25 a couple years ago, but it was not in very good condition, it had a name on label tape across the top of the front cover  :(

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 2:51 am 

it was not in very good condition, it had a name on label tape across the top of the front cover
 EEw that had to look bad! As a collector that must have looked horrible to see such a great item in that condition :-(  What can you say though right? Back then noone collected. They bought the item simply to play so I am not surprised that many D&D items are in used condition and not in the "mint" shape most collectors wish for them to be.