Pink Player Character Sheets printing?
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:17 pm 

Hey guys. Just wanted to run this by you as I have an auction up on ebay rigt now:

** expired eBay auction **

At any rate, I could not find anything on the site about this printing. Here http://www.acaeum.com/ddindexes/miscpag ... addpc.html you can see it looks like this, but mine doesn't have the angeled banner on the cover. Any ideas? Weird printing? Super rare? Beats me. I can send a higher resolution scan to The Acaeum if we lack a scan of this item. Thanks!

Zenfinite

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:21 pm 

Look at the 1979 version of the Player Character Record Sheets entry:
1979:  Player Character Record Sheets.  Wizard logo.  White cover with pink Erol Otus artwork.  "Advanced Dungeons & Dragons" is in large letters centered across the top, and "Player Character Record Sheets" is below the cover artwork.  28 gold sheets.  TSR stock # 9028.  (Thanks to Mike Deaton and John Kozol for help with this info).  There are two variations of this print:

* First:  Purple cover.  Second "Advanced Dungeons & Dragons" in first text block does not have a "TM" after it.  Last word in first text block on the cover is "No".  Back cover does not list modules S3, C1, or B2.  (Thanks to Mike Deaton for the scan).

* Second:  Pink cover.  Second "Advanced Dungeons & Dragons" in first text block has a "TM" after it.  Last word in first text block on the cover is "facilitate".  Back cover does list modules S3, C1, and B2.

I'd wager a guess that second one is yours.  (It's listed as a rarity 3 in the index, but don't know if that's both prints or just one of them.)

"Reader, Carthegena was of the mind, that unto thoſe Three Things, which the Ancients held Impoſſible, there ſhould be added this Fourth ; To find a Book Printed without Errata's."

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:23 pm 

That is the 1979 "pink" edition as described on that same page.

1979:  Player Character Record Sheets.  Wizard logo.  White cover with pink Erol Otus artwork.  "Advanced Dungeons & Dragons" is in large letters centered across the top, and "Player Character Record Sheets" is below the cover artwork.  28 gold sheets.  TSR stock # 9028.  (Thanks to Mike Deaton and John Kozol for help with this info).  There are two variations of this print:

First:  Purple cover.  Second "Advanced Dungeons & Dragons" in first text block does not have a "TM" after it.  Last word in first text block on the cover is "No".  Back cover does not list modules S3, C1, or B2.  (Thanks to Mike Deaton for the scan).

Second:  Pink cover.  Second "Advanced Dungeons & Dragons" in first text block has a "TM" after it.  Last word in first text block on the cover is "facilitate".  Back cover does list modules S3, C1, and B2.

Unless there are differences on the back cover other than those listed.