TSR Catacombs Faerie Mound of Dragonkind
Author

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:19 am 

Hey folks,

I've had a copy of FMDK since I was a kid. This was produced by Catacombs books in 1987 with a cover price of $7.95 It has the TSR logo and copyright.

James Ward & Jean Blashfield are the authors with cover art done by Clyde Caldwell. It says "Ultimate Maze Solo Quest" which is basically a single person, choose your own adventure/path type of book.

Has anyone seen these around? Are there more than just this title? Any idea about price?

Just curious. Don't think I'll sell this one. I like the interior/cover art too much.

Thanks,
-Arg

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:03 am 

argyrebasin wrote:Hey folks,

I've had a copy of FMDK since I was a kid. This was produced by Catacombs books in 1987 with a cover price of $7.95 It has the TSR logo and copyright.

James Ward & Jean Blashfield are the authors with cover art done by Clyde Caldwell. It says "Ultimate Maze Solo Quest" which is basically a single person, choose your own adventure/path type of book.

Has anyone seen these around? Are there more than just this title? Any idea about price?

Just curious. Don't think I'll sell this one. I like the interior/cover art too much.

Thanks,
-Arg

I've sold a few.  They don't go for much more than $15-$20 or so on Ebay.  There were a few others in the same format: Knight of the Living Dead (Forgotten Realms) and Gnomes 100, Dragons 0 (Dragonlance).  Oh and a Top Secret one called "The Final Countdown" (i think).  Can't remember if there were any beyond these four.....great for kids!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:50 am 

Just sold one a few weeks ago.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:14 am 

Number 5 was given a product code and titled: Foul Play at Fool's Summit but never produced.  I sold my extra copies for $10-$12.  Price usually depends on if the bookmark character cards are still all there and attached.

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:34 pm 

Let me know if anyone has extra copies they want to sell. I would like to have a full collection at some point.
Thanks!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:40 am 

I'd settle for just a pdf or scan of Faerie mound of Dragonkind & Knight of the Living Dead.  Damn WOTC couldn't put those two up also.  Well here's a full list of the books:

http://www.gamebooks.org/show_series.php?id=68

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:13 am 

Ah cool, knew I had one of these as a PDF before - guess that was Gnome 100, Dragon 0 (which I just had to download again :) )
Not sure If I've played in the others, but remember G100 D0 fondly.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own