OCE white box w/ 20 page reference booklet?
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:21 am 

Hi everyone.  I'm new to the forum as I just found this great site.  I was checking through The Acaeum to help gather information for a possible Ebay sale of most or all of my old D&D stuff.

I have a typical White Box OCE (6th ED.) set with all three books and the Reference Sheet booklet.  My question is about the booklet.  The site guide states that booklets were between 6 to 12 pages and were all stapled together.  If I count pages as you would for a normal book (including front and back "covers"), I count 20 pages for mine.  Also, it was never stapled (no staples and no holes evident).  Do I have some kind of a variant?  Or should I be counting this as 5 SHEETS and not 20 PAGES?

Just wondering if anyone had seen this before.  Thanks.

Last edited by Leeman13 on Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:44 am 

My OCE reference booklet is exactly as you describe yours: 5 unstapled folded sheets = 20 pages. The Acaeum description must be for the earlier printings.

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:04 am 

Thanks for the reply Sauromatian.  If nobody has anything different from my version, I will just assume it is a typical booklet.

And here I thought I was going to be able to retire on my unique find.  :D

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:32 am 

My OCE reference booklet is exactly as you describe yours: 5 unstapled folded sheets = 20 pages. The Acaeum description must be for the earlier printings.[/quote]
- acaeum listing just wrong nothing to worry about. not only mistake on page never sold stapled :) :)

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:33 am 

Thank you for the reply, Rakeesh sah Tarna.  I now have enough info for my Ebay listing.  Although, I have to admit that seeing this stuff again after 25 years kind of makes me want to play again.   :D  Oh well, I really need the cash.  Expect me to pester you guys more in the coming weeks as I go through my collection.