Early Dungeons, Especially Issue 6
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:46 am 

B

I might spell better, but it hasn't improved your reading ability:

"a magazine that has been out of print for over 3 decades and is now perceived as more valuable since the entire publication is forever gone."

That's what I posted, so obviously I am aware the magazine has been out of print for over the 30 years... maybe you don't know the definition of decade ... decade = 10 years .. hope that clears that up for you...

I would have paid up to $200.00 for your copy, but once it reached that level, I was no longer interested in it... no I can't bid on your items under one of my 3 accounts (though I thought we were past that), but should you really have something interesting, and I really want it, it will arrive safely

The last Dragon #1 that ended today was set to end around 1415 or so CST... such a bad time for an auction to end... that's 1615 west coast and no one is home yet and not far past lunch heading east. Made the final price I paid a tad over $200.00 and I bid $319.00 for it... goes to show an ending bid time can also drop the final sales price of an item.... oh that's right... it wasn't the lame time the auction ended, it's because nice copies of Dragons aren't worth more than $200.00 because bclarkie said so... thanx for being correct, I saved over $100.00

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:20 am 

ScketreWhisp wrote:
"a magazine that has been out of print for over 3 decades and is now perceived as more valuable since the entire publication is forever gone."

You worte this???  :lol: When??? Where???

See, even though you want to, you can't rewrite history. Here is what you really wrote:

ScketreWhisp wrote:In any event, it's not a huge markup based on the perceived rarity since they stopped publishing the magazine

And again, where exactly is your evidence to back up your BS? You don't have any.  Its 100% hot air.  I just love this stuff, "I don't need any evidence, it's just that way because Coug Jr. says it is!"  :roll:

Moving on:

ScketreWhisp wrote:That's what I posted, so obviously I am aware the magazine has been out of print for over the 30 years... maybe you don't know the definition of decade ... decade = 10 years .. hope that clears that up for you...

And again how about some empiricle evidence to back up your claims.  Or should everyone just take your word on this too?  Since all you have is your words so far and nothing really else, how about a little back up.  I am again waiting with baited breath. :roll:

ScketreWhisp wrote:I would have paid up to $200.00 for your copy, but once it reached that level, I was no longer interested in it... no I can't bid on your items under one of my 3 accounts (though I thought we were past that), but should you really have something interesting, and I really want it, it will arrive safely

Just when I though I could not read anything more ridiculous and funny than the contradiction I posted earlier, you go ahead and post this.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:   Go ahead there tough guy, you want to bid on something of mine? Go ahead, I am begging you to. Please, Please, Please, bid on something, win it and prove me wrong.  I particularly love the "and I really want it, it will arrive safely" line.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Let me go ahead and warn you though there Conan before you go ahead and do it though. It would be a extremely large miscalculation on your part to do so. And No, I am not FUCKING around, not even the slightest bit. You can't buy me and nor will you buy anything from me.  PERIOD. I'd rather burn my shit rather than sell it to you.  Still don't believe me?  Go ahead and give it a shot then.

ScketreWhisp wrote:The last Dragon #1 that ended today was set to end around 1415 or so CST... such a bad time for an auction to end... that's 1615 west coast and no one is home yet and not far past lunch heading east. Made the final price I paid a tad over $200.00 and I bid $319.00 for it... goes to show an ending bid time can also drop the final sales price of an item.... oh that's right... it wasn't the lame time the auction ended, it's because nice copies of Dragons aren't worth more than $200.00 because bclarkie said so... thanx for being correct, I saved over $100.00

Oh a 6th one, how nice.  For those of you watching, Mr Whitfield here has put it upon himself to go ahead and buy another one:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

:roll:

I do like how you roll in another excuse as to why another one did live up to you BS and unsubstantiated claims. I mean who needs any evidence to back up their BS claims right?  Just keep saying it and sooner or later it will be true.  I got news for you Davey boy, even if you say it 1000 times and jump up and down and hold your breath, its not necessarily going to come true.   Keep trying though.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Last edited by bclarkie on Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:24 am 

On second thought there Davey boy, if your next response does not include some sort of evidence other than just your BS claims and more hot air, please save yourself the reply as I am not going to bother anymore.  Its so patently obvious to everyone on here by now what a schumck you really are, that I am not going to really waste my time with it anymore unless you start backing up your "supposed facts" with something other than, "Because I said so!"

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:34 am 

Paragraph three [post is not marked as having been edited]:

ScketreWhisp wrote:Ok, if those prices are updated prices... then a NM runs about $300.00 according to that price... and that price was posted BEFORE the Dragon Magazine line was discontinued...

$389.00 is a 23% markup ($300/.77) ... that's not a huge markup for a magazine that has been out of print for over 3 decades and is now perceived as more valuable since the entire publication is forever gone.

I didn't know buying magazines could be "hostile" ???

I will bid on and/or buy every Dragon #1 I see anywhere I find it. I will pay up to whatever price I feel they are worth ... you don't see me selling any online at the moment, so what does it matter what I pay for them...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:36 am 

sauromatian wrote:Paragraph three:

Ahh, I stand corrected.  I missed a detail. It really matters nothing to the overall converstaion.  Mr Whitfiled here still can't back up anything with anything other than his own unsubstantiated claims....

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:08 am 

B

You get so torqued out of shape and that is not my intent, I was just being sarcastic since you were throwing things my direction, no harm.

I am glad at least sauromatian found the post I was referencing.

I am not claiming Dragons are worth more because "I said so", I have seen people pay more for them... so what else would I think, I have paid more for them as well, and I have no problem with that.

In any case, yes I now have another Dragon #1, and as time moves on, I'll own more... my goal, who knows, maybe a 100 copies at some point ? why does it matter how many copies I have ?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:22 am 

ScketreWhisp wrote:In any case, yes I now have another Dragon #1, and as time moves on, I'll own more...my goal, who knows, maybe a 100 copies at some point ? why does it matter how many copies I have ?

The ancient sages fortold that a suit of armor made entirely from rolled-up copies of Dragon #1 [plus duct tape] would render the wearer invincible to all harm from magical weapons. Such armor, if it fell into the wrong hands, could bring on the end of the world as we know it. A suit of Dragon #1 armor with a shield would be even worse. The only known measure to prevent this disaster is to remove the magazines' staples, which disrupts the thaumaturgic resonances.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:12 am 

LOL sauromatian :)

Yes, just as bclarkie would have to burn his Dragon #1 rather than sell it to me, I'd have to destroy those I buy that are missing staples (I actually had to toss one that had no cover the other day, too bad you can't buy just the covers somewhere)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:24 pm 

And another one:

:roll:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:52 pm 

Yes, and you'll notice I only bid on it one time in the last 4 sec of the auction ... so I didn't bid up the magazine... I paid $5.00 over the current bid... the price was ~$262 when I made my bid.... I am trying to "snipe" at the end so I am not the cause for the higher prices (not by much at least)

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:07 pm 

The last official update for Dragon #1 was Q3 2005.  So the data is certainly much more up-to-date than 1999.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:57 pm 

And another one:

I guess no one else is  allowed to have a Dragon Magazine #1 any more. :roll:  What a f**kin loser.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:21 am 

I won the auction B ... how is that a loser ???

You want one, all you gotta do is win...

Why is it what I buy bothers you so bad ?

And I didn't know there was a limit to what I was allowed to buy ...

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:53 am 

Brian, doesn't harami hold the record for white box sets :D ?  I don't recall him getting called out for that.  What's the issue here?  Is there more going on than meets the casual observer's eye?

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:21 am 

ScketreWhisp wrote:I won the auction B ... how is that a loser ???

You want one, all you gotta do is win...

Why is it what I buy bothers you so bad ?

And I didn't know there was a limit to what I was allowed to buy ...

I got a nice one at Gencon 2 years ago :) How many do you have?

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:25 am 

Blackmoor wrote:
I got a nice one at Gencon 2 years ago :) How many do you have?

I think he's up to about 6 now.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:19 pm 

Mars wrote:
I think he's up to about 6 now.

No its at least 9 now and I am actually pretty certain that its 10, but I have started to lose count.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:37 pm 

bombadil wrote:Brian, doesn't harami hold the record for white box sets :D ?  I don't recall him getting called out for that.  What's the issue here?  Is there more going on than meets the casual observer's eye?

Do you mean aside other than his stated intentions?   Old Cougar Jr. here stated pretty much in no uncertain terms a month or 2 ago that he wasn't going to let any Dragon magazine #1's go for anything less than a premium price.  He has since edited that statement to help cover up what his true intentions are, but none the less he said it.  On top of that I do remember some grumbling from several people and thier annoyance with David's seeming White Box fetish.  

Beyond that there are still quite a few things different between the 2 cases.  Here is a *starter* list of differences:
  • David was pretty much buying up White boxes to help research printing differences.  
  • David never paid the top end prices that old Coug JR. here is paying to get the items.  David's bids were almost always in the lower range in relationship to the current value of the time, so he was pretty much trying to pick them up as cheap as possible.  
  • David didn't bid on every single white box set that came up.  He did bid on quite a few, but certainly not all of them.  OTOH, with the exception of the Dragon Magazine #1 that I sold a few weeks ago(that I had picked up via Ebay BIN), Coug Jr. here has bid on every single one that has come in at least the last 6 months if not the last nine. Every single one.  The only reason he didn't bid on mine is because he is blocked.
  • David never had a Ebay store with several white boxes in it(or any white boxes for that matter) with prices bordering on ridiculous for them.  Coug Jr. here up until about six weeks ago had 3 Dragon #1's listed for more than $350 each.  Someone must have clued him in since then that any creadibilty on this issue that he might have had left, was being completely undercut by his own store prices.

If you want, I can rehash some other stuff that has happened, but at this point its probably not necessary.

The good news is though that I think that I might have gotten a new sig add on because of this thread.  :D

PreviousNext