Early Dungeons, Especially Issue 6
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 612, 3456
Author


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6455
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 26, 2022

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:06 pm 
 

ScketreWhisp wrote:You know, I never read but a couple of threads until someone points out I am being bashed somewhere...

I appreciate the "defense" by those that posted in response :)



The only person who defended you was unaware of your what ridiculous bid was.  They have said anyhting else since I pointed it out, unless of course you are counting Badmike's post as a defense which if you are reading it that way, you are perhaps might want to read it again....

ScketreWhisp wrote:BClarkie... unlike you, I don't try to find the best deal or buy something at the cheapest price (ie: the $7.00 Chainmail you got)... when I find someone selling something way too low (ie: possibly by mistake on their part) I tell them... have even made a BIN to save the item, then paid them more or advised it should be put up for more since I don't need it.


Since this is a 100% unsubstatiated claim and likely not true I am not even going to address this.

ScketreWhisp wrote:I'd prefer to see items go for what the market shows they will go for... yes I bid $63.00 on a Dungeon 1 ... but someone wanted it more than me and paid more... as they should have... Currently they are worth more... not $150+ in my book, but hey.. I won't argue if they go that high...


Since when do you get to the sole determiner of market value is and who put you to be the one in charge of making sure it stays that way????  You just proved my point from above about "protecting your investment".   Aside from that, until you adopted the "beat me or buy it" from hostile market attack in the last 6 months, Dungeon Magazine #1's were were regularly going for $30 to $35.  Only in the last 6 months have they been going for more than that. Must be purely coincidental....

ScketreWhisp wrote:As to Dragon Mags... yes on any Dragon 1-5 you will probably see me bid a very premium price, why, because I KNOW I can sell every single one I buy for higher than the price I am willing to pay... so don't expect to see Dragon 1-5 drop any time soon.


You just totally invalidated your own previous point from above with this remark....

ScketreWhisp wrote:I just sold #5 in VF-NM for $139.00 and a Dragon #1 for $339.00 a few days before that... so I'll pay $330.00 for the same condition copy and resell it for a $9.00 profit... works for me... and in that case I would be "selling it for a small profit" which, in your book, is okay (and make a $34.00 donation to the Aceaum in the end and some how I don't think I  would have made a dime).


Well I have been occasionally monitoring your store and the stuff you have listed is moving about as fast as molasses in January.  Beyond that, your continuous jacking up bids is self fulfilling, and again its intentionally being done  to "protect your investment".  People come along and they see that "one" just went for $300 and think that because of that your price isn't too bad, except they dont realize that until you hit the scene 6 months ago, they were going for around $200 give or take and the reason the most recent one went for that much is a direct result of your own bids jacking it up that high.   Additionally, since I am not stupid nor am I some n00b who just hit the scene and I know how much(with the exception of perhaps one of them) you actually paid for the ones that you currently have in your store, your numbers are very off for how much you are actually profitting( and I will prove this if I must).  The fact that you are fudging your numbers to try and pass it off as profiting less, speaks volumes upon volumes.

ScketreWhisp wrote:Which brings up a small point, I don't see Creep1962/Cougarrinard making donations to the site in an form, so I am very unlike them.


Another unsubstantiated claim.  Even if it is in fact 100% factual, I don't really care because it has absolutely nothing to do with your attack on the market.  Its comparing apples and oranges.  You are doing exactly what Cougarrinard did with H1 and Creep1962 tried to do with a litany of other items, your "supposed" donations to the site don't change that fact, not 1 iota as a matter of fact your hostility to the market in the name of your "supposed" Acaeum donations puts the impartiallity of this site towards the values it hosts seriously in question.

ScketreWhisp wrote:If you are aggravated that a Dungeon 1 is selling too high, I'll sell you one of mine for a more reasonable price if you need it, your are an Acaeum member and I sell stuff to members at a lower rate, just ask.


I don't need 1, I already have 2, but this part brings me to 2 more extremly important points:

1)  First off, why if I(or anyone else for that matter) don't have one, do I(they) have to beat you on one at a jacked up rate or if they don't, they have to buy one from you to get it?  Why is it that everyone now has have to meet your price or do without???

2)  Secondly, is this favor going to cost me as much as the H module favor(s) cost Center Stage Hobbies and Swarmy1? Since I know for a fact exactly what you did and how much you profitted on those deals that were claimed as "favors"? One thing I can I assure you it wasn't $9....

With the exception of the the Mono Inverness that you won a few months ago, there isn't anything that you have that I don't at least own one copy of, if not more.  See your actions don't piss me off because they have an affect on me, quite the contrary.  It pisses me off because your actions drive away some of the lower end cost folks who game/collect and also potentially force out new collectors/gamers when the see a hostile market.  Thats why I care.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 683
Joined: Jun 25, 2007
Last Visit: Jun 03, 2020
Location: Bedford, TX

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:16 pm 
 

Believe what you will 'B', I am just stating facts.

I am not determining what the current value is, the buyers are.. if they bid more than me, then their bid determined the value, not mine, anyone could have stopped at $35.00 and I'd be stuck with multiple copies.. you give me way too much credit.

My point about the Dragons is that I will bid what I feel they are worth if I want to buy it and sell it for $10-$50 profit... even if it's only $10... I purchased 4-5 Dragon 1s over the last few months because like stocks.. I KNEW they would go up with the end of the printing of Dragon Mag around the corner... and with the Dragon 1s, it paid off... I paid $157.00 for one, $267.00 for another so yes, I got some good money on a few Dragon 1s... yet I still sit on 3 .... so have I made anything yet ???

Moving as fast as molasses... damn, I need to increase the prices then, they are moving too fast... I have a store with items and more on the way for whatever unknown reason... (I just paid $1000.00 for a lot of stuff I don't even know what or if it's really worth) I was never in the eBay D&D store market until someone I know started talkin' smack to begin with... I really do not care if or when my items sell... it's good when they do and no big deal when they don't, I don't do this for a living, it's a hobby.

As to the donations, unless FoulFoot wants to stick his 2 cents in and confirm, not much I can do there since PayPal transactions and emails of same can easily be doctored when posted in a forum. I will only say I have made 10 donations to the site, amounts vary based on the last set of sales.. which reminds me I need to make one for the PotVQ sale I made that was not via eBay, so it will be 11 donations momentarily. My point was you like to compare me to others that aren't even close.. some of that apples to oranges thing you mentioned...

And the sale to CSH and Smarmy1, I took the items off the eBay store, used the Acaeum prices only and then made sure they were okay with the items and totals before we agreed... and they were less than in the store, didn't say I did or didn't make money on the items... and I wasn't the one worried about "selling it for a small profit".. those were your words... anyone should want to make the most profit they can... hello.. it's capitalism... a free market...

This is what I sold to CSH:
TSR Module H4 - Good                     20.00
TSR Module H3 - Fine                       35.00
TSR Silver Anniv Set SW            150.00
Core Rules & Expansion no box    75.00
Dragon Mag Archive - no box       75.00

OCE - Shrink + all supplements   360.00
Greyhawk - F
Blackmoor - F
Eldritch Wizardry -F
Gods, Demi-Gods, & Heroes - F
Swords & Spells - F

This is the item to SMarmy:
TSR Module H1 - SW                  150.00

(note: I paid $195.95 for the H1, H2, H3 & H4 from Creep1962)... I sold all but the H2 in these 2 transactions... so 150+20+35 = 205... just got my money back with an H2 left to sell... yep I raked the Acaeum members over the coals)

I don't think those prices were way out of line, and if they were, I would leave that up to them to tell me they were too high. And since I have owned the OCE Shrink and all the supplements for over 15+ years and the Silver Aniv I bought new, you have no clue if I made a nickel on those items (cept the Shrink Silver Aniv since I paid retail when I bought it)

You seem to get your feathers all up about stuff... will anyone raise cane if you ever decide to sell that $7.00 Chainmail for more than $10.00 ??? heck $14.00 would be a 100% profit and a low end price of $28.00 would be 400% profit... I am not sure we could live with that

(disclaimer: I saw the $7.00 purchase when it happened as a BIN, I THINK it was a Chainmail, heck it could have been an OCE for all I remember... I just know it was cents on the dollar for the actual value of the item)

 WWW  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 119
Joined: Feb 07, 2006
Last Visit: Nov 30, 2007

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:43 pm 
 

Eh. I've got no issue with anybody making some bucks off of ebay.  In an ideal world I would have preferred to sell stuff to acaeum members (some of whom I remember from r.g.b.m way back in the day) -- but I'm currently tight for money and push my crap on ebay so I can get the most money to pay Mr. Tax Man.  I think my NM Dragon #1 set some kind of record for a sale back in August  (399 or something) and while DR bid up to around 300-350 (against 3 other people)  it was two other guys who bid it into astral plane territory.



Of course I may be biased -- I don't mind the fact that Doug has a couple of Dragon #1 hanging around.  At some point when I'm doing better financially I'm going to want to buy back a lot of the stuff I sold I remember back in the r.g.b.m days of waiting a long time for a #1 to show up.  Really our hobby isn't that bad outside of the super raraes (the Daystars and etc) -- now Magic: The Gathering -- those guys piss me off.



Hopefully this made some sense -- I'm three glasses of wine into the evening.

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6455
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 26, 2022

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:49 pm 
 

ScketreWhisp wrote:Believe what you will 'B', I am just stating facts.


Except your are not.

ScketreWhisp wrote:I am not determining what the current value is, the buyers are.. if they bid more than me, then their bid determined the value, not mine, anyone could have stopped at $35.00 and I'd be stuck with multiple copies.. you give me way too much credit.

My point about the Dragons is that I will bid what I feel they are worth if I want to buy it and sell it for $10-$50 profit... even if it's only $10... I purchased 4-5 Dragon 1s over the last few months because like stocks.. I KNEW they would go up with the end of the printing of Dragon Mag around the corner... and with the Dragon 1s, it paid off... I paid $157.00 for one, $267.00 for another so yes, I got some good money on a few Dragon 1s... yet I still sit on 3 .... so have I made anything yet ???.


Anyone with more than 2 brain cells and who has been on Ebay more than 3 months knows how it works and how this statement is utter garbage.   Again, regardless of the value you are making sure that have to outbid you to get it or buy the item from you which is 100% MARKET MANIPULATION, PERIOD.


ScketreWhisp wrote:Moving as fast as molasses... damn, I need to increase the prices then, they are moving too fast... I have a store with items and more on the way for whatever unknown reason... (I just paid $1000.00 for a lot of stuff I don't even know what or if it's really worth) I was never in the eBay D&D store market until someone I know started talkin' smack to begin with... I really do not care if or when my items sell... it's good when they do and no big deal when they don't, I don't do this for a living, it's a hobby.



You stated this before and it doesn't make it any more true this time.  You aren't just in this for the hobby of it, you might not be doing it for a living, but you sure as hell aren't in it just for the fun of it.  If you were in it just for the fun of it you wouldn't be running a store with seriously over inflated prices and bidding up the same items that you have listed in your store protecting your investment. You keep saying you don't care if they sell, but you also keep bidding things up and listing more things in your store.  So say what you want, but your actions speak far louder than your words.

ScketreWhisp wrote:As to the donations, unless FoulFoot wants to stick his 2 cents in and confirm, not much I can do there since PayPal transactions and emails of same can easily be doctored when posted in a forum. I will only say I have made 10 donations to the site, amounts vary based on the last set of sales.. which reminds me I need to make one for the PotVQ sale I made that was not via eBay, so it will be 11 donations momentarily. My point was you like to compare me to others that aren't even close.. some of that apples to oranges thing you mentioned...


Again since you didn't read my post the first time, let me restate for you in bold: YOUR "SUPPOSED" DONATIONS TO THE ACAEUM, WHETHER FACTUAL OR NOT HAS NOT ONE SINGLE THING TO DO WITH YOUR MARKET MANIPULATION, PERIOD. YOU AREN'T GETTING A PASS BECAUSE OF IT, EVEN IF IT IS TRUE.  FOUL DOESN'T NEED TO CONFIRM IT, IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING.  AS A MATTER OF FACT, YOUR CONTINUED MARKET MANIPUATION IN THE NAME OF THE SITE, ACTUALLY REFLECTS EXTREMELY POORLY ON THE SITE'S STATUS AS SUPPOSEDLY BEING IMPARTIAL.

ScketreWhisp wrote:And the sale to CSH and Smarmy1, I took the items off the eBay store, used the Acaeum prices only and then made sure they were okay with the items and totals before we agreed... and they were less than in the store, didn't say I did or didn't make money on the items... and I wasn't the one worried about "selling it for a small profit".. those were your words... anyone should want to make the most profit they can... hello.. it's capitalism... a free market...


Except you tried to pass it off to them and others as that you were doing them a "favor".  However in actuality, at least 5 of the items that you sold to them as a "favor" were purchased either right before or likely even after you had agreed upon the prices to sell them to them(and yes I know exactly where you got the H modules and the Shrinked SA set).  A real "favor" would have pointed them in the right direction and let them have at it for themselves without you profiting for needlessly being the middle man.  The again it just goes to prove that really aren't it just as a hobby.  

ScketreWhisp wrote:I don't think those prices were way out of line, and if they were, I would leave that up to them to tell me they were too high. And since I have owned the OCE Shrink and all the supplements for over 15+ years and the Silver Aniv I bought new, you have no clue if I made a nickel on those items (cept the Shrink Silver Aniv since I paid retail when I bought it)


Again, regardless of what they paid you for the aforementioned items, they would have paid considerably less if you wouldn't have done them both such a kind favor to the tune of $100+ and just pointed them in the right direction where they could have gotten said items without your "help".  In case you haven't figured it out yet, this is a community and a lot of things happen behind the secenes.  It can get pretty ugly when a good item is out in the open, but behind the secenes people do each other real favors all the time, i.e pointing people in the direction of an item they have been hunting for.

ScketreWhisp wrote:You seem to get your feathers all up about stuff... will anyone raise cane if you ever decide to sell that $7.00 Chainmail for more than $10.00 ??? heck $14.00 would be a 100% profit and a low end price of $28.00 would be 400% profit... I am not sure we could live with that.

(disclaimer: I saw the $7.00 purchase when it happened as a BIN, I THINK it was a Chainmail, heck it could have been an OCE for all I remember... I just know it was cents on the dollar for the actual value of the item)


Yep, I bought that OCE for $10 plus shipping.  I turned around and  relisted it on Ebay again for $10 plus shipping on the open market and let the market determine what it was worth.  I did this, as opposed to of course opening an Ebay store, listing it for $175 +/- and then bidding every single OCE set that came up for auction after it to at least the tune of $150. I mean there is no difference in that right?


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche


Last edited by bclarkie on Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6455
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 26, 2022

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:56 pm 
 

tdewey10 wrote:Eh. I've got no issue with anybody making some bucks off of ebay.  In an ideal world I would have preferred to sell stuff to acaeum members (some of whom I remember from r.g.b.m way back in the day) -- but I'm currently tight for money and push my crap on ebay so I can get the most money to pay Mr. Tax Man.  I think my NM Dragon #1 set some kind of record for a sale back in August  (399 or something) and while DR bid up to around 300-350 (against 3 other people)  it was two other guys who bid it into astral plane territory.

Of course I may be biased -- I don't mind the fact that Doug has a couple of Dragon #1 hanging around.  At some point when I'm doing better financially I'm going to want to buy back a lot of the stuff I sold I remember back in the r.g.b.m days of waiting a long time for a #1 to show up.  Really our hobby isn't that bad outside of the super raraes (the Daystars and etc) -- now Magic: The Gathering -- those guys piss me off.

Hopefully this made some sense -- I'm three glasses of wine into the evening.




I don't have any issues with people making money off Ebay, not at all.  I have made a fair amount of money off Ebay myself, especially in the last year.  I also met some outstanding people both through Ebay and through this this site who make good money off Ebay.   However, as I stated in a previous post there is a right way of doing things and a wrong way.  Intentionally manipuating the market isn't good for anyone except perhaps the one who's doing the manipuating.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 119
Joined: Feb 07, 2006
Last Visit: Nov 30, 2007

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:16 pm 
 

bclarkie you strike me as a nice guy but to be honest I don't care a great deal about this discussion (probably because I selling items isn't my job).

I just think it is too bad that you and the other guy can't get along -- I'm not an A crowd acaeum member like you or Killjoy or etc.  (more like a D crowd) but this place always seemed pretty amicable to me.

Anyway enough of my feeble contributions to this thread.  Hope you guys can work it out.

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6455
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 26, 2022

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:33 pm 
 

tdewey10 wrote:bclarkie you strike me as a nice guy but to be honest I don't care a great deal about this discussion (probably because I selling items isn't my job).

I just think it is too bad that you and the other guy can't get along -- I'm not an A crowd acaeum member like you or Killjoy or etc.  (more like a D crowd) but this place always seemed pretty amicable to me.

Anyway enough of my feeble contributions to this thread.  Hope you guys can work it out.


Ahh, I was just responding to your post.  I have said what needs to be said, pointed out what needed to be pointed out and so there really not much more to say anyway.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Prolific Collector

Posts: 683
Joined: Jun 25, 2007
Last Visit: Jun 03, 2020
Location: Bedford, TX

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:05 pm 
 

Tdewey10, I am glad that my manipulation of the market has allowed you to get $389+ for your Dragon 1, glad I could help you pay your taxes, I'll try and manipulate a bit longer since I see you have a large list of items to get rid of and I'd rather see you get the most you can for them, expect me to bid on many if not all of them... and yes, I think most will have to pay a premium for them as I'll bid close to what they should sell for not what someone thinks they are worth.

*****

I have been PM'd by a few to not respond to 'B's' posts in the future since he is always right....

So I guess I can live with that.. so I'll make this my last response to a 'B' post...

'B', you are the man, you know it all and I am glad we are able to exist in your presence. The knowledge you bestow upon us about eBay, D&D and the free market system are unparalleled and I hope to read more of your insights in the future...  ;)  <--- note the smiley face, it's suppose to be funny... before you go freakin out

Really though 'B', you have your opinion and I have mine, it's okay, we live in America and we are allowed to disagree. You do good when tracking the real creeps and bad guys on eBay and you see things some others don't see, and that is helpful to many on this sight, I am glad you are here, even if we don't see eye to eye.

My ONLY point about the "supposed" donation you continue to mention is, they are NOT "supposed"... not that donating gives me a "free pass" to "manipulate" the market... I only mean that I am very unlike Coug... should I actually have the power to manipulate, at least others have benefited besides myself... I use this site, thus I donate to it.

And if you'd bother with the dates, I bought the H1-4 before I ever new Smarmy was looking and CSH told me about it.. it was already in my hand when I found out he was looking... and the Silver Aniv Ed... I still have 2.. paid $99.00 for one and $169.00 for the other and sold my original for $150.00 not sure where I made money from either of the 2 I bought since I still have them... and again... I have a Store because of YOU... I never had intention of opening a store until you bashed me for not giving credit to Acaeum for using a description in an auction and called me a Shady Dealer... so congrats, you started my eBay store... would you like one free item from the store for your good deed ? Believe me, with eBay fees, store fees, PayPal fees, and Acaeum donations, I haven't made anything... I am actually in the hole from where I started...

EDIT: Ok, on the Silver Aniv Ed I stand corrected, I guess I paid $129.95 for one and $127.84 for the other and I still have both.. the $169.00 a different auction


Last edited by ScketreWhisp® on Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
 WWW  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1891
Joined: Mar 26, 2004
Last Visit: Aug 18, 2022
Location: UK

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:18 pm 
 

tdewey10 wrote: A crowd acaeum member like you or Killjoy or etc.  (more like a D crowd)


Be proud of you self-imposed 'D' status- 'D' could be any number of things --
Diamond-Geezer (Any Americans reading this should know it is a compliment!)
Dungeons & Dragons enthusiast
Dramatic Persona
Damndably handsome Dude (or Damsel :lol: )
Dedicated DIYer
Darth Vader
Dilbert
.... the list goes on


(I'm just trying to lighten the mood - in my experience these threads tend to deteriorate quickly into slanging matches - never a good thing - even if the truth is involved and everything has been well researched and honestly reported - it just tends to go nowhere)

(Oh, and I've always considered myself something of an 'F' lister)

(edited for a bit of punctuation! - Oh and do I hear jungle drums - CSH and Smarmy are both online now!! (Sorry just being mischievous!!!!)


You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6455
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 26, 2022

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:22 pm 
 

ScketreWhisp wrote:

I have been PM'd by a few to not respond to 'B's' posts in the future since he is always right....


Several? Or just one?


ScketreWhisp wrote:So I guess I can live with that.. so I'll make this my last response to a 'B' post...

y ONLY point about the "supposed" donation you continue to mention is, they are NOT "supposed"... not that donating gives me a "free pass" to "manipulate" the market... I only mean that I am very unlike Coug... should I actually have the power to manipulate, at least others have benefited besides myself... I use this site, thus I donate to it.

I still have 2.. paid $99.00 for one and $169.00 for the other




And where does this one fit in?




** expired/removed eBay auction **




I will say you taking credit for tdewey's Dragon #1 going for $385 is quite humorous especially considering you through in an early bid of ~$350 and then listed two of your own for the same or more than that immediately afterward.  I also find interesting that you purposely avoided answering my questions about why everyone else regardless of who they has to either out bid you on every Dragon Magazine #1 to come or buy one from you.  Anyway like I said above, I don't have really anything more to add to this.


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche


Last edited by bclarkie on Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 119
Joined: Feb 07, 2006
Last Visit: Nov 30, 2007

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:27 pm 
 

gyg wrote:

(Oh, and I've always considered myself something of an 'F' lister)

(edited for a bit of punctuation! - Oh and do I hear jungle drums - CSH and Smarmy are both online now!! (Sorry just being mischievous!!!!)


I remembered the proper term too late -- D-lister not D-crowd.

I'm such a moron.

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1891
Joined: Mar 26, 2004
Last Visit: Aug 18, 2022
Location: UK

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:30 pm 
 

tdewey10 wrote:
I remembered the proper term too late -- D-lister not D-crowd.

I'm such a moron.

Nah - if you were a moron you'd me part of the 'M' crowd (but don't mention 'M' Bags :twisted: )


You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 119
Joined: Feb 07, 2006
Last Visit: Nov 30, 2007

Post Posted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:40 pm 
 

gyg wrote:Nah - if you were a moron you'd me part of the 'M' crowd (but don't mention 'M' Bags :twisted: )


Does anyone else find refreshing your ebay summary addicting? I keep hoping my items go up, up UP!  I think I am part of the M-crowd/list/group/crew/posse.

  

User avatar

Sage Collector

Posts: 2736
Joined: May 31, 2007
Last Visit: Mar 22, 2021

Post Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:02 am 
 

Does anyone else find refreshing your ebay summary addicting?


Only when buying, and then, only in the last 20 minutes or so. Of course, I haven't bought much on eBay recently (a few BINs here and there), and I'm still contemplating dumping some stuff, but I figure someone here will snipe me on anything I want so I'm mostly just on the lookout for nothing. Just glad there are other places besides eBay.


Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5666
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Aug 05, 2022
Location: New Hampsha

Post Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:21 am 
 

So, back to Early Dungeons, especially #6.
I thoguht it was #6 that I had to hunt for back in the day, but I'm not sure. It might have been #7. I do remember #1's were fairly easy to get compared to even #2. I wonder if they ran off a huge amount of #1's and then tailored the runs to the amount purchased.


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

 WWW  

User avatar

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 1787
Joined: Apr 26, 2005
Last Visit: Aug 04, 2020
Location: Indianapolis

Post Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:27 am 
 

Kind of glad i ran across this thread.  Until now I did not know that scketreWhisp was douglasrhea.  I have had problems with him running up the bidding on Items I was bidding on.  I understand the free market and all but this just seems like price fixing between sellers.  Not that i think those sellers ask him to do this, it is just kind of "understood".  If you ask me this is damn close to "price fixing".

I would hope tdewey10 would denounce scketrewhisp's intentions of running up the bids on his latest auctions.  Otherwise I think you are complicit in the price fixing.  Not wanting to piss anyone off, but if I was a seller and someone announced on these forums that they were going to run up the prices on my auctions, I would certainly denounce that action.

Martin

  

User avatar

Sage Collector

Posts: 2332
Joined: Feb 20, 2006
Last Visit: Aug 27, 2017
Location: Shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods

Post Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:56 am 
 

Deadlord39 wrote:So, back to Early Dungeons, especially #6.

No on-topic posts here!  Shoo!   :wink:

From a DM/player's perspective, does #6 have any worthwhile content for pre-2e (or pre-1e) D&D games?  How does it stack up against the other early issues?

From a collector's perspective, did any of the early issues have that print-run stat-block of so many copies printed, so many returned, etc.?  That would give a rough estimate of other early print runs.

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 119
Joined: Feb 07, 2006
Last Visit: Nov 30, 2007

Post Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:32 am 
 

Prufrock wrote:
I would hope tdewey10 would denounce scketrewhisp's intentions of running up the bids on his latest auctions.  Otherwise I think you are complicit in the price fixing.  Not wanting to piss anyone off, but if I was a seller and someone announced on these forums that they were going to run up the prices on my auctions, I would certainly denounce that action.

Martin


I knew it was a bad idea to participate in this thread.  Prufrock I'm pretty sure the use of the term 'manipulation' in Doug's post was an attempt at sarcasm.   I'm going to lie down and recover from my hangover and the news that Al Gore just won the Nobel Peace Prize.

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 2 of 612, 3456