Runequest 1st edition (no more than good condition)
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:34 pm 

Obviously used but reasonably intact, someone filled in one of the character sheets but its all there.

how much? $10? less?

Allen

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:58 pm 

Do you really mean the 1978 first edition, with a black & red inked cover & the s-shaped wyrm Chaosium logo?

Second edition has either a color cover [with an s-shaped logo], or green/brown/red monochome cover [with the blockier dragon Chaosium logo].

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:31 pm 

For a quick illustration:

1st ed: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0149223379

2nd ed (colour version with the old Chaosium logo): http://glorantha.info/runequest/chaosiu ... /rq2rb.jpg

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:15 pm 

sauromatian wrote:Do you really mean the 1978 first edition, with a black & red inked cover & the s-shaped wyrm Chaosium logo?

Second edition has either a color cover [with an s-shaped logo], or green/brown/red monochome cover [with the blockier dragon Chaosium logo].

Yes, it is black and red, cover by Luise (signed Luise '78), and does have the logo you describe. The '78 on the cover is the only date I can find on it. I looked it up on a website about the history of Runequest; the back cover was pictured (and is the same) but the front cover pic was gone. I am probably 99% certain it is the first edition.

Allen

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:16 pm 

g026r wrote:For a quick illustration:

1st ed:  
** expired eBay auction **

2nd ed (colour version with the old Chaosium logo): http://glorantha.info/runequest/chaosiu ... /rq2rb.jpg

Yes, it is the first edition.

Allen

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:23 pm 

Allensh wrote:I looked it up on a website about the history of Runequest; the back cover was pictured (and is the same) but the front cover pic was gone. I am probably 99% certain it is the first edition.

Let me guess: glorantha.info?

A fair number of their pictures are missing for some reason, which is annoying when trying to work out editions of any of the products that have missing pictures. :roll:

To get back to your question: depending on how used, I could still see it going for more than $10.  However, I'm hardly an expert on these matters -- I've been paying more attention to the 3rd ed. Avalon Hill stuff than the 1st & 2nd ed. Chaosium stuff lately.

If it's an item you own, then posting pictures will always help in evaluating the worth of it. ;)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:58 pm 

No digital camera at this time, but I might be able to arrange it.

I got it in a trade on Thursday night from a guy who used to work at TSR's Dungeon Hobby Shop. Also got a really beat-up copy of Advanced Wizard and an assortment of old D&D modules, 1980-era D&D character sheets and one of those Permanent Character Record folders :)

Allen