Chaosium Elfquest RPG
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:34 am 

Curious as to what the worth on a shrink-wrapped copy of this box is considered to be.  Accidentally ended up with two copies, and once the other arrives I'll be deciding which one to sell off -- likely the shrink-wrapped one, as I'm the type of person who likes to open these things and read them. :lol:

Therefore: what should I expect price-wise?  I'm pretty sure I overpaid on it, given the price I paid for the other copy and the fact that I got hit with a creep bidder, so I don't know what I should be expecting. :roll:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:43 am 

The boxed set & each of the supplements go for an average of $25 in EX used condition, not sure about new/SW.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:43 am 

an elfquest sold at auction at GenCon for $30+

but i dont know the print or the company - it was a personal item of one of the auctioneers who was a collector.

Al

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:54 am 

I've seen a couple of Elfquest RPG items come up for sale this summer on Ebay and was surprised that they weren't going for what I considred to be very much (Probably about what they would cost retail if produced today).

I would search ebay to see if any are up for auction this week and check the ebay stores to see if they are selling any with buy it now. The buy it now prices work out a base guideline though some are so inflated as to be ridiculous.

This might be better put aside for a few years rather than sold right now. I know that three or four years ago I couldn't get anything for a whole bunch of rpg stuff I recently sold easily on ebay. Times change and old games just get older and sometimes worth more.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:16 am 

JasonZavoda wrote:I've seen a couple of Elfquest RPG items come up for sale this summer on Ebay and was surprised that they weren't going for what I considred to be very much (Probably about what they would cost retail if produced today).

I probably was the person who bought a few of those.  I was surprised that they didn't go for more as well, though pleasantly since I was the one spending money. :D

I may hold onto it for a while then; watch eBay and see what's happening, and so on.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:35 am 

If you ever want to get rid of it, I might be interested, but price is always the key factor.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:31 pm 

- I probably was the person who bought a few of those.  I was surprised that they didn't go for more as well, though pleasantly since I was the one spending money. :D

how many needed?? also $12 with companion  
** expired eBay auction **
good price goat. good eating as well?? :lol: :lol:

- I may hold onto it for a while then; watch eBay and see what's happening, and so on

if sell on ebay take large photograph with contents spread neat for display on better surface one that way sold around $65 last month

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:50 pm 

the elfquest sold at GenCon was in an older box than that. the guy said it was renowned for splitting easily.

Al

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:58 pm 

That's the same box as the one I have shrink-wrappeded.

To answer Rakeesh's question: I only need one, but when I saw that one going for so cheap with an extra item, I just had to jump on it and hope that I'd get outbid on the second copy I was already bidding on.  Unfortunately, the latter didn't happen. :| (Hopefully it won't come down to me finding out how good of it eating it is. :lol: )

(Aside from the shrinked box, the other stuff I picked up recently were all sourcebooks.)

Still waiting for that particular one to arrive.  It looked in good condition, but that ultimately will determine whether I get rid of it or the shrink-wrapped one.