Dungeon Collection
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:21 pm 

:twisted:

Ok, I'm considering selling my Dungeon magazine collection.  It's a complete run from 1 to 205.

Most of them have the magic items highlighted (no, I wasn't the one who did it).  Number 1 has the highlighting.  Number 2 is clean but in fair to good condition.  The rest are in great condition except for the obsessive highlighting of magic items.  I would say roughly 60% of them have the yellow death.

Any idea how much highlighting such as this devalues the set?  Any idea how much it's worth?

Thanks!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:30 pm 

#2-6 are key issues #1 not far behind. selling as block possible not be best as dungeon has better single issue value than dragon

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:48 pm 

Wags wrote::twisted:

Ok, I'm considering selling my Dungeon magazine collection.  It's a complete run from 1 to 205.

Most of them have the magic items highlighted (no, I wasn't the one who did it).  Number 1 has the highlighting.  Number 2 is clean but in fair to good condition.  The rest are in great condition except for the obsessive highlighting of magic items.  I would say roughly 60% of them have the yellow death.

Any idea how much highlighting such as this devalues the set?  Any idea how much it's worth?

Thanks!

Dungeon only went to issue #150 though.

I would definitely disclose the highlighting, but it will drive the price way down.  Most collectors won't touch these.  I would sell the first 6 separately though, and cherry pick the non-highlighted ones to sell as a set, then sell all the highlighted ones as another set.  Unfortunately I wouldn't expect the highlighted later copies to go for more than $1 an issue but you never can tell, they have been going for more lately.  The highlighting is the unfortunate negative here that will drive a few off.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:51 pm 

people not buying to play you mean?? there are a few of those :o :o
$1 per issue great deal against regular tsr module prices now

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:53 pm 

At $1 / issue even I might be tempted to buy them.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:00 pm 

Sorry, my fat finger's to blame.

Issues 1 to 105.

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:26 pm 

Wags wrote:Sorry, my fat finger's to blame.

Issues 1 to 105.

Personally I don't care if there is highlighting or not as long as the magazines are complete and legible.

I'm working on an index of Polyhedron's and Dungeon Magazine. If you could, please post when you are going to sell them (if you are planning to) or send me a PM if you want to sell a few. I don't believe I need any of the first six issues of Dungeon and I just picked up Polyhedron #1-15 but I am sure I have holes in both runs that I need to fill.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:49 pm 

If/When I sell them I'll be sure and post it here AND send you a PM.  I'm going to take the earlier advise to sell 1-20 individually and also separate the highlighted vs the non-highlighted as much as I can.  Send me  a PM with what issues you want and I'll print it out and stick it in the box with the magazines.  That way I'll not forget to make those ones available to you.