Old rare wee warrior and role aid items.What are they worth?
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:52 am 

Blackmoor wrote:
Who got the second one?

Jeff, it was a guy who was stood just behind us, i think someone said he owned the hitpointe website? (i dunno but i think thats what someone said....maybe it means more to someone here?)

the condition of it was nicer i thought than the previous one, but went for lower.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:57 pm 

tdewey10 wrote:
I am not currently seeing a post-GenCon slump for my auction so maybe it was just last year? Of course the auction hasn't ended so perhaps it'll show up at the end for a few items.

The slump just depends on how much Blackmoor has left in his wallet  8O  I think he got one of everything.......!

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:00 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
Jeff, it was a guy who was stood just behind us, i think someone said he owned the hitpointe website? (i dunno but i think thats what someone said....maybe it means more to someone here?)

the condition of it was nicer i thought than the previous one, but went for lower.

Al

Yeh quite an interesting story there...

Friday night a black foldered POTVQ went up and the final price was around $1000.  It was a 2nd print, very nice, some small wear.  Apparantly someone got all excited and went home and the next day brought out their 2nd print copy.  It was simply gorgeous, very nice, with a higher reserve.  However, it actually went for less Saturday night....sometimes those sort of things happen though.

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:04 pm 

Rakeesh sah Tarna wrote:killjoy32 - well the two black foldered PotVQ's both went beyond $1000 at GenCon.
thanks for info complete + mint?? swap one for rahasia or pharaoh :lol: :lol:

They were complete.  The first copy auctioned had a small white mark on the cover and some glue marks on the inside back cover...still pretty close to Near Mint IMO.  The second copy was pretty darn perfect...very, very slight outer wear, near mint condition indeed (yes I am bragging I got to see both up close...as well as the two Daystars, Pharoah and Rahasia, which were beautiful, nice buy for Blackmoor).

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:46 pm 

thanks badmike was confused at mention of second print black folder. if that good second was better than $1400 ebay copy first maybe as well :) :)
reseller might have buyer lined up

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:32 pm 

Rakeesh sah Tarna wrote:thanks badmike was confused at mention of second print black folder. if that good second was better than $1400 ebay copy first maybe as well :) :)
reseller might have buyer lined up

I thought the same thing Rakeesh...at that price and that condition he could actually make a profit on a resale...

Mike B.

NTRPGCON

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:13 pm 

- I thought the same thing Rakeesh...at that price and that condition he could actually make a profit on a resale...
agreed + could have made profit on woodgrain + maybe daystars not that would have been that price if competed. :) :) more resellers low or mid end but no surprise if going more top end in future??

Previous