Old rare wee warrior and role aid items.What are they worth?
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:27 pm 

Hello everyone!

I recently aquired some old books/modules and was wondering what they might be worth?

I have 4 modules from Role Aids. The first is called " BeastMaker Mountain " and is in a yellow folder, the folder is in fairly good shape and the module inside it is in excellant shape except for rusty staples. The next one is called "FEZ 1 valley of trees" and is in a brown folder, the folder is in fairly rough shape with spline tear and the square cutout that allows the name of the module to show has the top part of it gone. The module itself has some spline damage and rusty staples and some creases and stain but is overall in good shape.The next is " Blasted Land "
copy#133 of 1000 and is in a orange folder that has the top part of the square cutout missing also and slight spline damage.The module says limited edition written for Dallcon 1983 , it has some pencil writing in its pages and rusting staples but otherwise is in excellant shape. The next one is called " Kobald Hall " copy # 0051 of 750 and is in an orange folder as well. The folder has some slight damage but is in great shape for its age. The module says it is a limited edition and was written for origins in 1983,the staples are rusting and page #1 has seperated from its other half which is page #27 but both are still present and the rest is in very good shape.

I have 2 books from Wee Warriors Production. One is called " The Dwarven Glory " and from what info I could learn its a 3rd edition small version with the planet master ad in the last page. It has all the maps still in the staples but the staples are rusting and the cover has some slight wear on its spline and a place on the front upper right cover were a price sticker once was and some normal dirt/smudge on the cover here and there. Overall in very good shape for copyright 1976. The next one I have is called " The Misty Isles " and is alittle better in shape for the cover although the missing price sticker is also in the upper front right area of the cover. This copy is completely missing its staples but has no rust marks where they were.It has 9 maps of different isles and 35 numbered pages with 1 un-numbered notes page which on its other side has product info and ordering info on it. This books copyright is 1977.

If anyone could give me a ballpark figure on what each of these might be worth, I have done a search on these and its hard to find any info out on them, I would appreciate any help given and would thank you in advance.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:25 pm 

DG & Misty Isles - some info here -

http://www.acaeum.com/ddindexes/modpages/dmk.html

Role Aids stuff is all over the place - start here maybe

http://home.flash.net/~brenfrow/ra/beastmaker.htm

I pretty much guess that you know that these are some of the rares and are worth a few bucks each - I'll give you $50 for the lot to take them off your hands :twisted: (though watch out for PM's offering you perhaps a 'wee' bit more!!)

(as for real value - ebay is the testing ground - advertise them here and all the real collectors will bid to them up to there current value)

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:44 pm 

ballpark with allowance for alternate folders + no photos + not severe staple rust

- I have 4 modules from Role Aids. The first is called " BeastMaker Mountain " and is in a yellow folder, the folder is in fairly good shape and the module inside it is in excellant shape except for rusty staples.

$100-125+ alt folder

- The next one is called "FEZ 1 valley of trees" and is in a brown folder, the folder is in fairly rough shape with spline tear and the square cutout that allows the name of the module to show has the top part of it gone. The module itself has some spline damage and rusty staples and some creases and stain but is overall in good shape.

$30-50 alt folder but rough

- The next is " Blasted Land " copy#133 of 1000 and is in a orange folder that has the top part of the square cutout missing also and slight spline damage.The module says limited edition written for Dallcon 1983 , it has some pencil writing in its pages and rusting staples but otherwise is in excellant shape.

$100-140 folder might hold it back a bit

- The next one is called " Kobald Hall " copy # 0051 of 750 and is in an orange folder as well. The folder has some slight damage but is in great shape for its age. The module says it is a limited edition and was written for origins in 1983,the staples are rusting and page #1 has seperated from its other half which is page #27 but both are still present and the rest is in very good shape.

still $150+ probable difficult to tell with damage to pages stated. easy over $200-225 without damage

- I have 2 books from Wee Warriors Production. One is called " The Dwarven Glory " and from what info I could learn its a 3rd edition small version with the planet master ad in the last page. It has all the maps still in the staples but the staples are rusting and the cover has some slight wear on its spline and a place on the front upper right cover were a price sticker once was and some normal dirt/smudge on the cover here and there. Overall in very good shape for copyright 1976.

$150-175

- The next one I have is called " The Misty Isles " and is alittle better in shape for the cover although the missing price sticker is also in the upper front right area of the cover. This copy is completely missing its staples but has no rust marks where they were.It has 9 maps of different isles and 35 numbered pages with 1 un-numbered notes page which on its other side has product info and ordering info on it. This books copyright is 1977.

$150+ maybe close $200 if no staples + no rust marks is not a problem

ebay + advertise here would work well for these if interested

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:45 pm 

Rakeesh sah Tarna wrote:ebay + advertise here would work well for these if interested

GenCon is in progress, so some potential buyers are otherwise busy.  After GenCon ends, the attendees will be dealing with the post-convention finance blues.

eBay is always good for the seller, so there's no need to end the auction early when private offers rear their heads.  You''ll want lots of photos showing the condition.

That said, I will give you $USD 51.00 for them.   :lol:

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:04 pm 

Hello again and thanks for your time everyone.

I think I will end up selling these on ebay or something with those kind of prices. I have been playing D&D since 1978 and my current group has played together for over 14 years every tuesday night. But I was never a collector of the books other then having a large dresser full of them from past rule versions etc. A friend of mine got me these I have described and a whole bunch more and they are all just in a blue plastic bag kinda sitting around taking up room so I decided to look up the oldest ones and low and behold they are rare and worth money. I also have a ton of judges guild books, flying buffalo stuff and a bunch of others as well.

The next oldest thing I have is a Monsters!Monsters! book from Flying Buffalo 4th printing from 1980. I will probably throw in all these other books and old D&D modules with one of the 4 role aids mods or in with the wee warriors books just to get rid of them.Once again I thank you all for your time in helping me to appraise what these might be worth and when I post an auction on ebay( that will be something new for me ) I will post a link to it here to let you all know. In the meantime I think I will take a bunch of pictures and put them on some free site and link it for you all to check them out.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:13 pm 

- I think I will end up selling these on ebay or something with those kind of prices. I have been playing D&D since 1978 and my current group has played together for over 14 years every tuesday night.
:) :)
- In the meantime I think I will take a bunch of pictures and put them on some free site and link it for you all to check them out.[/quote]
pictures always good maybe best before auction. should be worth while to have checked here even if some will end up on reseller shelves. better still than being thrown away! thanks

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:38 pm 

Rakeesh sah Tarna wrote:- I think I will end up selling these on ebay or something with those kind of prices. I have been playing D&D since 1978 and my current group has played together for over 14 years every tuesday night.
:) :)
- In the meantime I think I will take a bunch of pictures and put them on some free site and link it for you all to check them out.
pictures always good maybe best before auction. should be worth while to have checked here even if some will end up on reseller shelves. better still than being thrown away! thanks

Rakeesh

I think there is something wrong everytime you quote a previous message.

You seam to leave the end quote ie [/quote] but get rid of the opening quote [quote="insert name here"]

"... and may I remind you that this ain't the end. I can still kick some ass." - Tom Petty

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:00 pm 

Hello all.

Just did a bunch of photos and got them uploaded if anyone wants to look. They aren't complete atm but will be soon. The link is below, hover mouse over the pictures title at the top for a description of what I photographed if it isn't apparent, and click on each picture to get a blownup view of it.

http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd35/delbar_1/?start=all

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:42 pm 

good idea you did ;) ;)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:54 pm 

delbar wrote:Hello all.

Just did a bunch of photos and got them uploaded if anyone wants to look. They aren't complete atm but will be soon. The link is below, hover mouse over the pictures title at the top for a description of what I photographed if it isn't apparent, and click on each picture to get a blownup view of it.

http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd35/delbar_1/?start=all

There is quite a few items in there that you may not realize are significant that are.  :wink:   For instance thats R modules 1-4 will each net $150+ each and all the midkemia items will do quite well as well. Actually, a majortiy of the stuff you have pictures of right now will like see very good prices, i.e $50+ each. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:48 am 

Nice-looking copy of Uttgart from Dave Nalle's Ragnarok Press. I have the 1982 series of Ysgarth RPG books that resemble it. I remember the name Uttgart from playing the game but can't find it in the books I have.

It's a Texas publication, so it's interesting from my perspective to see how widespead it is elsewhere.

Last edited by sauromatian on Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:50 am 

Nice stuff  :D

Don't forget to open your auctions to foreign bidders... :wink:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:01 am 

sauromatian wrote:It's a Texas publication, so it's interesting from my perspective to see how widespead it is elsewhere.

This copy is probably a Washington publication before Ragnarok moved to Texas but they are tough to find.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:35 am 

Mars wrote:This copy is probably a Washington publication before Ragnarok moved to Texas but they are tough to find.

Wow, I never even noticed that! Dave had mentioned he'd been participating in a certain Austin gaming group since the mid-80s, but I never asked where he was before then.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:19 am 

delbar wrote: I think I will end up selling these on ebay or something with those kind of prices.

Assuming that this seller is not you, you can use his auctions as a gauge for some of the prices.  Keep in mind that he got his auctions up first, and that GenCon just finished.

. . . eBay listings

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:19 am 

JohnGaunt wrote:
Assuming that this seller is not you, you can use his auctions as a gauge for some of the prices.  Keep in mind that he got his auctions up first, and that GenCon just finished.

. . . eBay listings

The seller isn't him it's me -- I wish I had those R1-4 ;-).  AFAICT from the photos is that his R1 is in much, much better shape than mine (unless his has bad interior stains of course that aren't shown in that photo), his Misty is in better shape than mine, and  My Dwarven G. is in much better shape than his.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:56 pm 

delbar,

I sold my Wee Warrior booklets back in May of this year on eBay and my copy of "The Dwarven Glory" went for $410 and "The Misty Isles" went for $381. One item was sold to a person in Italy and the other went to a buyer here in the states, so be sure to take international buyers.

Mercenary Roadie

When The Money's Gone
                  So Are We!

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:19 pm 

My sole 2-cents to this would be to ensure that however you ship it (and where ever it goes -- internationally or not) to use a method that includes both tracking and insurance.  Though, I suppose, that that goes without saying at those estimated values. :D

Next