Value of D&D Miniatures?
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:18 am 

bspaul41 wrote:Update, just to put closure on this issue.

8O

Comment from the peanut gallery:  the two of you should have agreed upon a price before you met.  The seller sounds like he had an attachment to the minis, the money, or both.  Too bad about how it all turned out.  The seller will eventually find a buyer, and you will find another seller if you try.

The minis in the picture really aren't worth much.  Heritage minis are uncommon, but those pictured aren't hard-to-find rarities.

Heritage collectors have a Yahoo group  ( http://groups.yahoo.com/group/disciplesofheritage/ ).  The message archive is a useful place to get a feel for things before jumping into eBay or trading.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:53 am 

Update just for the sake of completeness-and to confirm previous opinions that these mini's were/are common.

The original owner has continously posted the same lot of minis since my last post in August.  In fact, this week he's dropped his price.  His asking price is now right about what I originally offered months ago. :roll:

Guess that tells you a little about my local market for mini's here in Maine, and that The Acaeum members who commented were right.  Rock on members and thanks again for the advice.

Ben.S.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:46 am 

Do you have a link to the auction, BS?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:58 am 

Oh,

The guy is not posting these minis on ebay.  Although he made the "I'll just sell them on ebay and get a better price" threat to me when I made him an offer in August.

He's posting on a local swap and sell it guide.  Here's the text:

Dungeons & Dragons, 60 pewter cast pieces. Originally bought from ' 78 to ' 82. only $32. -Bangor, ME

I can also repost the image if necessary.  But the guy's a tool, and I really don't want to help him sell his stuff and make money at this point in time.  I can be vindictive sometimes...

Ben.S.

Previous