Unpublished TOP SECRET module
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:42 pm 

JasonZavoda wrote:
Email with scan has been sent. Let me know if you received it and if the writing was clear enough. I can probably enlarge the section where he wrote out his name.

Jason

Hmmm, it does indeed look similar.  I'll try to remember to post a scan of the name inside the book I've got when I get back to the States next summer.

Thanks for the scan!   :D

Let mirth prevail!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:53 pm 

Badmike wrote:I don't know what the rights situation is with something like that, but it might be interesting to see if Schick retains any rights of the property..I've heard it's a bear now to contact the man, who wants nothing more to do with the hobby.

What happened?  Has he gone the Trampier route, too?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:59 pm 

mordrin wrote:
What happened?  Has he gone the Trampier route, too?

Several attempts to contact Schick by members of this forum, both recently and several years ago, were pretty much rebuffed with "I really don't have anything to talk about concerning gaming and dont have anything to do with gaming anymore" only not nearly as polite as that. At least one query I am aware of was answered with "Please don't contact me again concerning TSR." He worked for Microprose in the early 90s and that is the last I've heard of him

The general idea, my opinion only, is that he's moved on and really doesn't want to deal with gaming or the gaming crowd any longer in his present life. I don't think it's the same problem as Tramp which seems to be pretty much Tramp's mental state which has deteriorated quite a bit.  Schick just genuinely appears not to be interested in having anything to do with RPGs any longer, including waxing nostalgic about them..

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:29 am 

Badmike wrote:
Several attempts to contact Schick by members of this forum, both recently and several years ago, were pretty much rebuffed with "I really don't have anything to talk about concerning gaming and dont have anything to do with gaming anymore" only not nearly as polite as that. At least one query I am aware of was answered with "Please don't contact me again concerning TSR." He worked for Microprose in the early 90s and that is the last I've heard of him

The general idea, my opinion only, is that he's moved on and really doesn't want to deal with gaming or the gaming crowd any longer in his present life. I don't think it's the same problem as Tramp which seems to be pretty much Tramp's mental state which has deteriorated quite a bit.  Schick just genuinely appears not to be interested in having anything to do with RPGs any longer, including waxing nostalgic about them..

Mike B.

That is extremely sad news. Here is the man who literally 'wrote the book' on RPG collecting. He did sell off a large amount of gaming material years ago here in Delaware including 4 orange B3's, Lost Tomachan, a prototype Dungeon Master's guide with design notes and many other items I wish I'd picked up at the time. He is stuck with being a gaming legend which seems to involve lots of memories but very little money.

Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:39 am 

Speaking of which (not to change the topic, but...), do you have any copies of Lost Tamoachan or Ghost Tower that are not listed on our registry pages, Jason?

At the bottom of the following pages:

http://www.acaeum.com/ddindexes/modpages/c1.html
http://www.acaeum.com/ddindexes/modpages/c2.html

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:14 pm 

FoulFoot wrote:Speaking of which (not to change the topic, but...), do you have any copies of Lost Tamoachan or Ghost Tower that are not listed on our registry pages, Jason?

At the bottom of the following pages:

http://www.acaeum.com/ddindexes/modpages/c1.html
http://www.acaeum.com/ddindexes/modpages/c2.html

I possessed a Dungeon Master Copy of Ghost Tower and a Staff Copy (Lawrence Schick's I was told) of Lost Tamoachan.

Are these being tracked individually or are you interested only in the general type of copy?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:42 pm 

I had DM's copies of both. Never bothered to report them, they went in a private sale. Both were pretty heavily worn.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Site Admin

Post Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:38 pm 

Well, we're of course tracking the numbered copies.  We're mentioning the unnumbered ones, too (DM's copies, etc), but they're difficult to impossible to track individually.

Jason, I assume from your past-tense usage that you don't have them anymore, right?

Foul

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:28 am 

FoulFoot wrote:Well, we're of course tracking the numbered copies.  We're mentioning the unnumbered ones, too (DM's copies, etc), but they're difficult to impossible to track individually.

Jason, I assume from your past-tense usage that you don't have them anymore, right?

Foul

Yep, I sold off my originals years ago (for what is today a song) but I have my archive and indexed copies.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:30 pm 

Howdy Jason!

Paul Stormberg, stormber, The Collector's Trove here. Nice to see you around here. Miss the 'ol marketplace days and active GreyTalk?

I find your Greyhawk Index indispensable!

Scott: Jason sold them to me back in 1995 or so. They are already listed on the Acaeum inventory, as I reported them when I joined.

Don't feel bad about selling them Jason, at the time it was what they were going for. Heck I sold two mint shrinkwrapped orange B3's for $250 and $300 around the same time.

Unfortunately, once rares are sold they are sold, future markets are almost always better for the really rares but how long to wait?

Futures Bright,

Paul

The Collector's Trove The online auction house that features the collections of game designers and artists.

Previous