Vampire Limited edition, looking for some infos.
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:30 am 

I don't know if many people at this board like Vampire RPG (I am not familiar, not at all), but does somebody have informations about a limited Edition of that game?... rarity, appraisal...?

It is a slipcase, with a screen and 2 books : one rulebook and one artbook black 'leather' covered with silver foil stamping.

Thank you!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:53 pm 

IIRC they did those for 2nd or 3rd edition Vampire, and had additional pages of artwork as a further differentiator (in the main rulebook or perhaps only in the extra leather book??).  

I haven't tracked them, don't know how limited they really were, and haven't run across any on eBay offhand.  So, I'm mostly useless, sorry :/

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:31 am 

Hi,

again, I'm no expert, but there are at least 7 or 8 different Vampire limited edition books, maybe quite a few more.

They do seem to vary in price. Of the ones I've had thru my hands, for most I've charged in the US$40 - 60 price range and sold them all. There was one that I charged abour $80 for, and sold it, but I can't remember which one that was, sorry.

Cheers,
Malcolm

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:21 am 

lawrenson wrote:again, I'm no expert, but there are at least 7 or 8 different Vampire limited edition books, maybe quite a few more.

8O

Thank you for your help guys, I didn't know there was so many limited editions! :o

I am absolutely not familiar with the game or with the Vampire-players 'society'... and I did not know if that community is separated from the whole RPG community. But that is my opinion.
In France, my feeling is that there is some arrogance from them, who stay apart from other players. Not the same way of dealing with the game maybe.
Hmm, but that is my opinion, 100% subjective.  :roll:

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:35 am 

Hi,

I don't theres a "split" as such, but most roleplayers look like normal people. A lot of Vampire players though, tend to be Goths, which puts them apart a bit. I don't think its particularly intended tho, just sort of happens, at least in the UK.

Cheers,
malcolm

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:17 am 

lawrenson wrote:Hi,

again, I'm no expert, but there are at least 7 or 8 different Vampire limited edition books, maybe quite a few more.

8O  8O  8O  :scratch:  :scratch:  :scratch:

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:06 pm 

As far as I know, I have them all! I'm a bit of sucker for Limited editions, but White Wolf's ones were nice. No idea about current values, but I can tell you what's in them.

• Vampire the Masquerade Ltd edition. Comes with slipcase and hardcover art book.
  • Guide to the Camarilla/Guide to the Sabbat Ltd edition. Come together in a slip case. Were published before the non-limited edition.
  • Vampire Storyteller's handbook. Comes with slipcase and Storyteller's screen.
  • Werewolf the Apocalypse Ltd edition. Comes with slipcase and softcover art book.
  • Mage the Ascension Ltd edition. Comes with slipcase and softcover art book.
  • Vampire Dark Ages Ltd. edition. Comes with slipcase and softcover short story.
  • Exalted Ltd. edition. Comes with slipcase, softcover "Making of" book and a CD.

Any I've missed?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:20 pm 

Hi,

there are some of the smaller books too. Not leather-bound, but Limited Editions nonetheless.

No idea which ones tho :)

Cheers,
Malc

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:54 pm 

lawrenson wrote:Hi,

there are some of the smaller books too. Not leather-bound, but Limited Editions nonetheless.

No idea which ones tho :)

The Mind's Eye Theatre stuff maybe? I remember seeing some of them about. The idea was they could be used as in-game props.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:18 pm 

huw wrote:As far as I know, I have them all! I'm a bit of sucker for Limited editions, but White Wolf's ones were nice. No idea about current values, but I can tell you what's in them.

• Vampire the Masquerade Ltd edition. Comes with slipcase and hardcover art book.

huw, thank you!   :)
I think I have this edition.