AD&D 2E Complete books
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:07 pm 

I'm not that familiar with 2E prices.  So, I'm not sure if I've got my pricing right  for DMGR, PHBR & HR sets.

See viewtopic.php?p=86428#86428

Any comments?

'ear all, see all, say nowt.  Eat all, sup all, pay nowt.  An' if tha ever does owt for nowt then allus do it for thisen.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:33 pm 

Probably about right I'd say - probably out of the question for a reseller but there's still lots of people out there who like to pck up collections in one hit - saves on the postage and hassle :D
So John, having a clear out, or getting out generally?

(BTW John I remember you bought an item from me  when I first listed on ebay - your glowing positive is on my first feedback page - ah simpler times :lol: )

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:42 pm 

I'd wager that the Complete Necromancer book is the one with the most value there. Could probably get that amount by itself, under the right conditions.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:05 pm 

serleran wrote:Could probably get that amount by itself, under the right conditions.

I think $150 is pretty high for these books and I would be surprised if you sell these to anyone with more than 20 feedback.  The Necromancer book had a lot of value, a fews ago, but now it is pretty easy to pick up for $20-$30 or less.  Most of the common ones, usually the earlier ones in the series are probably at $5 each - not too many people want to pay the shipping. If I were selling these on my Planet Mars site I would ask $80 for the DMG set, maybe $120 for the Players books and $80 for the Historical Reference.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:13 pm 

Duh, yeah, you're right. I forgot it was listed in pounds, and not dollars. That doubles the cost, effectively.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:51 am 

Thanks for the comments.  I had estimated at £5 per book and added a bit for the rarer books.  But I will think about dropping the prices if I don't get any interest.  Although we rarely benefit from exchange rates in the UK.  If something costs $1 in the USA we normally have to pay £1 in the UK regardless of the exchange rate.

I'm rationalising my collection.  I only really played 0E(?) and 1E and this is the stuff I wanted to collect with the odd exception.  But eBay got its claws into me.  And I now have far too much 2E and some 3E stuff.

My aim is to get my collection on one set of shelves or in one cupboard rather than taking up most of my study.

'ear all, see all, say nowt.  Eat all, sup all, pay nowt.  An' if tha ever does owt for nowt then allus do it for thisen.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:56 am 

gyg wrote:(BTW John I remember you bought an item from me  when I first listed on ebay - your glowing positive is on my first feedback page - ah simpler times :lol: )

What did I buy?  I'm just wondering if it is destined to go back on eBay.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:52 pm 

IIRC it was some 3rd party 3E adventures, possibly AEG ones, but my memory isn't all that so I could be totally wrong!

You can never have too much of something you didn't need in the first place.