Yard Sale Find
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:01 pm 

Hi, I am an avid boardgamer, but not a roleplayer.  I found these items at a yardsale and picked them up, but I would like to auction them off, sell them, or trade them.  However, I have no idea what they are worth.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.

1) Chainmail (3rd ed, 5th printing)
2) Dungeons and Dragons: Men & Magic (Original D&D Set) 6th printing
3) Dungeons and Dragons: Monsters and Treasure (Original D&D Set)        6th printing
4) Dungeons and Dragons: The Underworld and Wilderness Adventures (Original D&D Set) 6th printing
5) Dungeons and Dragons: Greyhawk Supplement 1 11th printing
6) Dungeons and Dragons: Blackmoor Supplement 2 5th printing
7) Dungeons and Dragons: Eldritch Wizardry Supplement 3 5th printing
8 ) Dungeons and Dragons: Gods, Demi-Gods, and Heroes Supplement 4 2nd printing
9) Dungeons and Dragons: Dungeon Masters Adventure Log 5th printing        10) Dungeons and Dragons: Basic Rulebook 3rd printing..this is in the box that it came with, although the box is not in very good shape

11) Village Book 1 1st printing (Judge's Guild)
12) Castles Book 1 1st printing (Judge's Guild)

13) Dungeons and Dragons: Dragonomicon (an old library copy)               

All of the items are in good condition, some have light writing in them.   They have been played, as the pictures will show, but I do not totally understand the rating system.

Here are links to pictures of the D&D Books:
http://www.mediamax.com/punkzter/Hosted/RPG%20001.jpg
http://www.mediamax.com/punkzter/Hosted/RPG%20002.jpg
http://www.mediamax.com/punkzter/Hosted/RPG%20004.jpg
http://www.mediamax.com/punkzter/Hosted/RPG%20005.jpg
http://www.mediamax.com/punkzter/Hosted/RPG%20006.jpg
http://www.mediamax.com/punkzter/Hosted/RPG%20008.jpg
http://www.mediamax.com/punkzter/Hosted/RPG%200010.jpg
http://www.mediamax.com/punkzter/Hosted/RPG%200011.jpg
http://www.mediamax.com/punkzter/Hosted/RPG%200012.jpg

If I need to be more specific please let me know and I can add further description.

These are not D&D:
14) Space Opera: Box Set (Volume 1 and Volume 2)                       
15) Space Opera: Ground and Air Equipment                       
16) Space Opera: Fasolt in Peril
The Space Opera books are in great condition

I also picked up:
17) the Dungeons and Dragons Computer Fantasy Game.  It does not look like this handheld game was ever turned on (the plastic that you pull out of the battery compartment is still there).
18 ) They've Invaded Pleasantville (a TSR game)
19) Car Wars (in the plastic case) with Expansion Set 1, Expansion Set 3, the Sunday Drivers Map, and the Crash City expansion.

I would appreciate any help appraising these items so that I can get an idea of what I should expect when I trade/sell them.

If anyone is interested in purchasing the lot, let me know.  Further, I will be at Origins this year, so we could meet in person to thoroughly evaluate the condition of the books if you were interested in them.

Thank you so much,
Bradley Keen

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:22 pm 

Last 3 photos are not found.

I'm wondering if you could provide a scan of the TSR product list found in the Chainmail booklet.

Those Judges Guild books should get around $5 each depending on condition.

Thanks,
ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:41 pm 

http://download-v5.streamload.com/95e29 ... %20010.jpg

http://download-v5.streamload.com/95e29 ... %20011.jpg

http://download-v5.streamload.com/95e29 ... %20012.jpg

That should fix the last 3 links.  I don't have access to a scanner at the moment, is there something that I could look for that would help with identification?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:48 pm 

What changes if any does the product list have to the one below for the Chainmail:

Other Fantasy Releases by TSR       
MONSTER MANUAL - Advanced DUNGEONS & DRAGONS - A fully illustrated encyclopedia of all the
monsters used in D&D. This major reference work features a full-color cover and is hard bound for extra
durability.                                                                                        $  9.95
DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS -- The new and complete DUNGEONS & DRAGONS game set, designed
especially for beginning players. Includes everything to start playing D&D: Basic Game booklet, polyhedra dice
set, Dungeon Geomorphs Set One (Levels One to Three) and Monster and Treasures Assortment Set One (Levels
One to Three). (Basic booklet only $5.00)                                                                $  9.95
DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Collectors Edition - The original games of swords and sorcery role-playing with
paper and pencil, in its original format. This is the game that started it all! Three booklets, boxed                        $10.00
DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Character Record Sheet Pad -- A useful playing aid for D&D to record the details
of a variety of game characters.                                                                        $  2.98
GREYHAWK - Supplement I to D&D                                                                $  5.00
BLACKMOOR - Supplement II to D&D                                                                $  5.00
ELDRITCH WIZARDRY- Supplement III to D&D                                                        $  5.00
GODS, DEMI-GODS & HEROES -- A supplement to the D&D system to integrate mythological beings into
standard play                                                                                 $  5.00
SWORDS & SPELLS - Miniatures rules for fantasy games for use with Dungeons & Dragons                        $  5.00
CHAINMAIL - Rules for Medieval Miniatures (plus Fantasy)                                                $  5.00
DUNGEON GEOMORPHS - Playing aid for Dungeons & Dragons. Geomorphic sections to be cut out and
combined together in any combination. Dungeon construction made easy!
Set One, Basic Dungeon                                                                        $  2.49
Set Two, Caves & Caverns                                                                        $  2.49
Set Three, Lower Dungeon                                                                        $  2.49
OUTDOOR GEOMORPHS - Playing aid for Dungeons & Dragons. Geomorphic sections to be cut out and
combined together in any combination.
Set One, Walled City                                                                                $  3.49
MONSTER & TREASURE ASSORTMENT -- Another series of playing aids for Dungeons & Dragons, to
Provide a listing of pregenerated monsters and treasure for three dungeon levels.
Set One, Dungeon Levels One to Three                                                                $  2.49
Set Two, Dungeon Levels Four to Six                                                                $  2.49
Set Three, Dungeon Levels Seven to Nine                                                                $  2.49
DUNGEON! - The boardgame of fantastic Dungeon Adventuring for 1-12 plavers, boxed                        $  9.95
WARLOCKS & WARRIORS - The exciting game of adventure and pursuit, for 2 to 6 players of all ages!                $  6.95
EMPIRE OF THE PETAL THRONE - Fantasy Adventure on the World of Tekumel.
2 full-color maps, boxed                                                                        $27.50
WAR OF WIZARDS - Game of fantastic duels between mighty magic-users. Now in a new boxed version includ-
ing game booklet, playing board, percentile dice and a set of 4 miniature figurines for use as playing pieces                $  9.95
LANKHMAR -- Game of swords and sorcery warfare on the fantastic world of Newhon. Based on the original
game design by author Fritz Leiber, Boxed, for 2 to 4 players.                                                $10.00
STAR PROBE -- Complete boardgame of adventure, exploration and conflict in space: for 1 to 8 or more
players, this game system will be expanded by several additional booklets in the near future  (booklet only $4.00)        $  6.00
STAR EMPIRES - The Game of Galactic Conquest, and follow-up to STAR PROBE. Plays separately or as an
extension to STAR PROBE, if desired (booklet only $5.50)                                                 $  7.50
METAMORPHOSIS ALPHA - Game of science fiction adventures on a lost starship                                $  5.00
Multi-Sided Dice Sets - Each set contains one 20-, 12-, 8-, 6-, and 4-sided die                                        $  1.49
Percentile Dice - Two high-impact 20-sided die: red and white                                                $    .89
On all mail orders, add $1.00 for postage and handling regardless of order size

THE DRAGON

The only professional magazine of Fantasy. Swords & Sorcery, and Science Fiction Gaming. Formerly the STRATEGIC
REVIEW, it features: full color covers, interior color, 32 pages minimum, articles on all forms and formats of Fantasy, S & S and
SF games and gaming, miniatures, boardgames and original fiction and artwork.  Published 8 time yearly, available at better
hobby shops and bookstores or from:

TSR Hobbies, Inc.
POB 756
Lake Geneva, WI 53147

Rates
Single Issue - $1.50
6 Issue Subscription in No. America - $9.00
(Incl. Hawaii, 1st Class)
Overseas (Air Mail) - $20.00

Complete Catalog - Games, Rules, Miniatures, Accessories                                                $  2.00

Thanks,
ShaneG.

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:58 pm 

There were many changes...but this is how it looks:

Other Fantasy Releases by TSR

WAR OF WIZARDS - Game of fantastic duels between mighty magic-users. Now in a new boxed version includ-
ing game booklet, playing board, percentile dice and a set of 4 miniature figurines for use as playing pieces                $  9.95
CHAINMAIL - Rules for Medieval Miniatures (plus Fantasy)                                                $  5.00
DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Collectors Edition - The original games of swords and sorcery role-playing with
paper and pencil, in its original format. This is the game that started it all! Three booklets, boxed                        $10.00
DUNGEONS & DRAGONS Character Record Sheet Pad -- A useful playing aid for D&D to record the details
of a variety of game characters.                                                                        $  2.98
GREYHAWK - Supplement I to D&D                                                                $  5.00
BLACKMOOR - Supplement II to D&D                                                                $  5.00
SWORDS & SPELLS - Miniatures rules for fantasy games for use with Dungeons & Dragons                        $  5.00
ELDRITCH WIZARDRY- Supplement III to D&D                                                        $  5.00
GODS, DEMI-GODS & HEROES -- A supplement to the D&D system to integrate mythological beings into
standard play        
DUNGEON GEOMORPHS - Playing aid for Dungeons & Dragons. Geomorphic sections to be cut out and
combined together in any combination. Dungeon construction made easy!
Set One, Basic Dungeon                                                                        $  2.49
Set Two, Caves & Caverns                                                                        $  2.49
Set Three, Lower Dungeon                                                                        $  2.49
OUTDOOR GEOMORPHS - Playing aid for Dungeons & Dragons. Geomorphic sections to be cut out and
combined together in any combination.
Set One, Walled City                                                                                $  3.49
DUNGEON! - The boardgame of fantastic Dungeon Adventuring for 1-12 plavers, boxed                        $  9.95
EMPIRE OF THE PETAL THRONE - Fantasy Adventure on the World of Tekumel.
2 full-color maps, boxed                                                                        $27.50
STAR PROBE -- Complete boardgame of adventure, exploration and conflict in space: for 1 to 8 or more
players, this game system will be expanded by several additional booklets in the near future  (booklet only $4.00)        $  6.00
STAR EMPIRES - The Game of Galactic Conquest, and follow-up to STAR PROBE. Plays separately or as an
extension to STAR PROBE, if desired (booklet only $5.50)                                                 $  7.50
METAMORPHOSIS ALPHA - Game of science fiction adventures on a lost starship                                $  5.00
LANKHMAR -- Game of swords and sorcery warfare on the fantastic world of Newhon. Based on the original
game design by author Fritz Leiber, Boxed, for 2 to 4 players.                                                $10.00
Multi-Sided Dice Sets - Each set contains one 20-, 12-, 8-, 6-, and 4-sided die                                        $  1.49
Percentile Dice - Two high-impact 20-sided die: red and white                                                $    .89

On all mail orders, add $1.00 for postage and handling regardless of order size

THE DRAGON

The only professional magazine of Fantasy. Swords & Sorcery, and Science Fiction Gaming. Formerly the STRATEGIC
REVIEW, it features: full color covers, interior color, 32 pages minimum, articles on all forms and formats of Fantasy, S & S and
SF games and gaming, miniatures, boardgames and original fiction and artwork.  Published 8 time yearly, available at better
hobby shops and bookstores or from:

TSR Hobbies, Inc.
POB 756
Lake Geneva, WI 53147

Rates
Single Issue - $1.50
6 Issue Subscription in No. America - $9.00
(Incl. Hawaii, 1st Class)
Overseas (Air Mail) - $20.00

Complete Catalog - Games, Rules, Miniatures, Accessories                                                $  2.00

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:11 pm 

Does this have a date inside, maybe with month, day, year type deal..possible introduction/preface page?

Thanks for the list above.

ShaneG.

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:24 pm 

Yes.  On the 2nd page it says two things:
5th Printing January 1978
3rd Edition Copyright 1975

I used this website to figure out that this is the 3rd edition and 5th printing of the Chainmail book.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:34 pm 

Awesome, Thanks!

ShaneG.

Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:14 pm 

http://www.mediamax.com/punkzter/Hosted/RPG%20010.jpg

http://www.mediamax.com/punkzter/Hosted/RPG%20011.jpg

http://www.mediamax.com/punkzter/Hosted/RPG%20012.jpg

Here are those links again, I don't know why this site keeps messing them up.

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:57 pm 

Shane,
I don't want to bug you, but were you able to come up with some sort of idea what these items are worth (individually and/or as a lot)?

Thanks,
Brad

Also, anyone else's evaluations would really be appreciated.