Imagine Special Edition - what value?
Author

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:52 pm 

Hi guys, apologies if this is a duplicated post, but I have done a search but couldn't find anything.

Is the Imagine special edition of much value and what would be a good price?

Are they particularly rare, because I haven't seen one on Ebay.

Thanks

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:59 pm 

My guess would be $5.  I don't think it is anymore valuable than single issues of the magazine.  Probably a tough sell by itself.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:07 pm 

Thanks Mars,
On that basis, would anyone have a copy for sale (preferably in the UK just to save on P&P, unless US guys can sell ok). Not a real issue on quality, as long as it is complete and not badly damaged.

Please feel free to PM me, if possible,

Thanks
Dave

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:23 pm 

more than $5 mars  
** expired eBay auction **

that was $37 when listed in wrong category and seller could not get even £0.99 for tortured souls late issues in same sale

had thought would be under $10 but was beaten out of sight :) :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:11 pm 

From what I can tell the seller didn't have any of the hard to find Tortured Souls issues #9, 10, 12.  It makes me think that the seller might have bought the set from Lungin who was selling off the back issues.  But it is strange that none of them sold for $2 each.

That seems like a really high price for the Imagine magazine.  I have a copy of the special edition that I picked up with 4 of the Mayfair Overlord boxed sets for $9 about 2 years ago.  Most Imagine magazines don't sell very well unless it is a complete set.  Even in a complete set with the binders I think they roughly sell in the 100 pounds range.  Of course their are auctions higher and lower and I think the last one was definitely one of the higher ones.  The seller was really trying to push the rarity with statements like "finding this rare early edition is a miracle".  I always thought the special edition was actually a later publication not early.  Maybe someone else has been keeping closer tabs on Imagine magazines but I usually equate the special edition to something like Dragontales that isn't a very good seller.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:50 pm 

- From what I can tell the seller didn't have any of the hard to find Tortured Souls issues #9, 10, 12.  It makes me think that the seller might have bought the set from Lungin who was selling off the back issues.  But it is strange that none of them sold for $2 each.

you are right mars. only #11 semirare. still a nice run that cheap compare with imagine SE from same seller

- That seems like a really high price for the Imagine magazine. Most Imagine magazines don't sell very well unless it is a complete set.  Even in a complete set with the binders I think they roughly sell in the 100 pounds range.

SE is not common but neither is complete set of imagine and last sold for $70 in nearly new recently. expected at least $150 or $200 on that so the other way around to the SE

- but I usually equate the special edition to something like Dragontales that isn't a very good seller.[/quote]

:) :) has anyone read these?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 3:53 pm 

This guy has one and lots more Imagines

eBay listings

Jon

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:23 am 

jonjhargreaves wrote:This guy has one and lots more Imagines

eBay listings

Jon

i've dealt with him a number of times. hes ok!

Al

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:57 am 

He's also the guy who wrote Azac's Mountain of Madness for T&T but he can't seem to find anymore of them around :(

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:49 am 

jonjhargreaves wrote:This guy has one and lots more Imagines

eBay listings

Jon

Thanks Jon, I'll have a look....

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"