DCC #0-Printing Differences?
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:54 pm 

Okay, since I have decided to widdle down my collection quite a bit, I have decided to sell off just about all my 3rd edition stuff with only a few exceptions. So what that means is that I have several DCC's that I am going to offlaoding.  

Now, I currently have a DCC #0 that I am planning on listing this weekend and I was wondering how you can tell for sure as to whether or not this is in fact a first printing or perhaps a later one.  Deogolf sold one last month:

** expired eBay auction **

At which point, he indicated in the listing that his was a in fact a 1st printing, the one that they sold at Dundracon Convention 29.  In his listing he points to the Goodman Games logo on the bottom of the module as his proof that this is actually a first printing DCC #0.  Now my question is the copy that I currently have matches the cover of Deogolf's up to and including the GG logo at the bottom.  Does this mean that I also have a first printing DCC #0 or is there more to it than just the older GG logo on the bottom?  And if there is more to it than that, what exactly am I looking for?  Any help would be much appreciated. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:10 pm 

Where's Gus Landt when you need him?  :wink:   I think he has every printing of every DCC module.

I think you are correct though.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:24 pm 

Brian, if you have one with the old logo on the cover, like the one linked to above, it's a first print.

The second print (and there were only 2 printings, as far as I know), has the new logo (triceratops head), and is more lime green.  I don't have a 2nd print, so can't provide details on content comparisons.

If you're going to sell yours, be sure to talk it up.  This is one of the hardest DCCs to find.  I got away damn lucky with mine.   8)

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:29 pm 

By the way, as long as we're talking DCC print run differences, I was going to post a point-by-point comparison of the two versions of 1E adaptation of DCC 12.5 Iron Crypt of the Heretics.

However, after combing through copies of both printings, the most obvious difference in the booklet is:

The Skull Positions table on page 18 is white in the 1st print, and shaded (gray) in the second print.

All of the typos and textual errors in the 1st print remained unchanged in the 2nd print.

Of course, there are the map differences discussed in the Non-TSR thread.

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:17 pm 

bombadil wrote:Brian, if you have one with the old logo on the cover, like the one linked to above, it's a first print.

The second print (and there were only 2 printings, as far as I know), has the new logo (triceratops head), and is more lime green.  I don't have a 2nd print, so can't provide details on content comparisons.

If they only did two printings then the second print is a black & white triceratops head since that is the one that I have.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:23 pm 

Yep, triceratops logo is 2nd.
DCC 20 I believe is the last one to have the lassoing logo.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:55 pm 

Thanks for the help all, I really appreciate it.  :)

Now on to my next question and it should be the last one, at least for now.  How can you tell the differences between the different printings for DCC #1 Idyllis the Rat King? I know that the first 3 (or was it 2?) DCCs that came out were originally released for 3.0 and then updated later on and rereleased later on for 3.5.  Now the copy of DCC #1 that I have has the same logo as the the DCC #0 that I have has, yet I am fairly certain that the copy of DCC #1 is at best a second printing.  How can I tell the difference between them?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:01 pm 

This should help:  http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=776

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:16 am 

For visual reference...(from their 2005 catalog)

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:26 pm 

Alan, that was a huge help, thanks a bunch. :)  

You know with that type of information, as much as it is, a subweb here really shouldn't be that hard to do if someone was up to do it.  I mean, that's a vast majority of the products and thier printing differenes, it would be just a matter of someone collecting scans and actually working the site to make it looks "official".

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:27 pm 

Plaag wrote:For visual reference...(from their 2005 catalog)

[ Image ]

ShaneG.

Shane, are you up for doing another subweb? :twisted:

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:38 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Shane, are you up for doing another subweb? :twisted:

You want to kill me? :D I mean I can understand that there is less products and printings, and it would be good to get to this early before more DCCs pile up..but I've got years of stuff yet to get done for Judges Guild. Course if anyone does this, I can help. Oh and not to mention I've made a list for D&D product printing order and not even gone back to that yet. Please don't make me! 8O  8O  8O

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:28 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Alan, that was a huge help, thanks a bunch. :)

De nada.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:56 am 

Sorry to come in very late on this one.

Shane, any chance you can PM me with some general pointers and I'll see if I can handle it?

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"