Marvel Super Heroe Modules
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:39 pm 

Is there a site that deals with the TSR Marvel Super Heroes game and accessories for that game? If not, does anyone know how much modules for that game are worth? These are the modules I have, all in VG condition and I believe complete (one or two may be missing maps though):

MHAC 9 Realms of Magic

MLA1 After Midnight

MLBA1 Mutating Mutants

MSL1 X-Terminate

MT1 All This and World War II

MT3 The Revenge of Kang

MH-1 The Breeder Bombs

MH-6 Thunder Over Jotunheim

MH-7 The Last Resort

MH-8 Fault Line

MX1 Nightmares of Futures Past

MX2 The X-Potential

MX3 Reap the Whirlwind

MX4 Flames of Doom

Also, does anyone know what a TSR Marvel Super Heroes box set worth?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:47 pm 

Actually, for such a long-dead system, there are quite a few sites that deal with MSH:

Here's one

Here's another

Note that the first one is a well-known haven for free PDF downloads ... *cough*illegal*cough*

As far as value goes ... well, MSH is a tough way to get rich. TSR mass-produced everything and none of it is extremely noteworthy for breaking any new ground. It's a fun system, though, and also an interesting look back at Marvel in that time period.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:59 pm 

Xaxaxe wrote:Actually, for such a long-dead system, there are quite a few sites that deal with MSH:

Here's one

Here's another

Note that the first one is a well-known haven for free PDF downloads ... *cough*illegal*cough*

Thanks for the links. That first one looks handy *cough*

As far as value goes ... well, MSH is a tough way to get rich. TSR mass-produced everything and none of it is extremely noteworthy for breaking any new ground. It's a fun system, though, and also an interesting look back at Marvel in that time period.

Yeah, I'm sure none of these modules are going to net me 1k+ like a mint 1st print PotVQ would, heh. I'm simply trying to make some room on my shelves, and garner a few bucks that I can put towards starting a collection of old D&D/AD&D books and modules for use at the gaming table.

Thanks for your reply.  :)

Last edited by John Stark on Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:01 pm 

Most of those mods are a hard sell even for $2 or $3 each.  Some accessories will get you $10-15, a complete Advanced Set should get around $20-35 (I sold a shrinked set for $45).  The "biggie" is the Ulimate Powers book which should get $35-50.

As Xaxaxe says - it was mass produced.  I actually used to play quite a bit of Marvel Super Heroes . . . Ironically (and I don't have any official information to back up this claim) I believe it must be the "largest" RPG TSR produced aside from AD&D/D&D.  Largest in terms of number of supplements/adventures.  Conversely, it must have had the largest amount of sales or they would have axed it sooner.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:15 pm 

If you are going to dump them, sell them as one large lot. Those modules will sell for next to nothing or not at all on an individual basis.

You will do better to sell them as one large group.

And I could've bought these damn modules off the 1$ rack!!!

New modules for your Old School game http://pacesettergames.com/

Everything Pacesetter at http://pacesettergames.blog.com/