AD&D Stickers & D&D Talking Story Book
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:39 pm 

Greetings,

I've been trying to find some information on the value of some TSR products, but so far haven't been able to come up with anything. Maybe someone here could help me.

In an ebay auction I won about 6 months ago, I received some AD&D Stickers and a D&D Talking Story Book.

The AD&D Stickers are in the original shrink wrap, have the block letter TSR logo on the back as well as a 1983 copyright date, and the front says "Official Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Puffy Stickers." I have 5 sets of these, each of them different. Each set has various characters like, "Zargash: Evil Cleric,"  or "Ringlerun: Good Wizard," and there are monster stickers too, like the "Nightmare," "Wyvern," and "Ogre King." Each set of stickers has 4 characters (names, class, and alignment) and 1 monster.

The other item I have is a "Dungeons & Dragons Book and Recording." The title is "Quest of the Riddles," and the upper right hand corner has, "Kid Stuff Records & Tapes." The bottom left hand corner has the block TSR logo. Copyright on the inside first page of the book says 1984. The back of the book is an add for "Kid Stuff," and at the top says the product is a "Talking Story Book." This is in the original packaging (as far as I can tell), but is opened. Inside is the book (which I just described) as well as a vynyl record album, supposedly to play along as a child (or parent) reads the story in the book(let). This is not "choose your own adventure" type of book; its an actual written story. Some of the characters are the same as some of the characters on the stickers I have (like Ringlerun the wizard and Strongheart the Paladin).

Anyone have a clue if these are worth anything? If not, is there a TSR collectible toys site that might have some info that anyone knows about?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:49 pm 

I would probably guess that the stickers would sell for $15-$20 and the story book/record $10-$15.  There were a few sets of the puffy stickers for sale last year that I watched and they sold in that range.  Although I forget if the auctions were for 4 or 5 different packs.

I don't have a list of all the story book/record or story book/tap items that are out there but I think there are 3 or 4.  I bough one of them last year for $3 + shipping but you might have one that is harder to find.

I haven't found any website that details stuff like this.  At one point Dark Seraphin had one I think but he took it down for some reason?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:59 pm 

I came back to post a link I found that shows the stickers, and here you had already answered my question! Thanks for the quick reply, hehe.

Anyways, here's a link I found that shows the stickers I have. Apparently there were 6 different sets of puffy stickers, and I only have 5 (I'm missing the 4th set). The sets I have look exactly like the ones in the picture on this site, Toys-R-Us price stickers and all:

AD&D Puffy Stickers Pic

Thanks again for the info.  :)

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:16 pm 

Hum, apparently I have the 1st and 4th set of these. Mine show signs of degrading as some of the stickers are breaking down. Curious if this is from age or previous owner displaying/storing these bad.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own