Vampire Queen-Added more information
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:31 pm 

Reserve is probably too high. I think you guys might have talked it up a bit TOO much!

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:00 pm 

Does anyone know the reserve?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:01 pm 

VermilionFire wrote:Does anyone know the reserve?

nah but its clearly too much :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:31 pm 

Agreed.  There may have been some misguided advice given.  

Waits for someone to cautiously raise their hand.

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:39 pm 

bombadil wrote:Agreed.  There may have been some misguided advice given.  

Waits for someone to cautiously raise their hand.

well i didnt quote $$$

always felt about $600-800 was maybe the right amount tbh, but hey what do i know :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:53 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:

well i didnt quote $$$

always felt about $600-800 was maybe the right amount tbh, but hey what do i know :)

Al

Well, I am bidder #3 with a Max Bid of $666.66 and I suspect that the high bidder right now is epershall. The fact that the reserve has not even been met yet is interesting to say the least. :?   Then again, that feckin Haunted Lighthouse broke $200 and didn't meet the reserve either.  :?  

Hell what do I know, my 1st print Woodgrain set didn't meet the reserve either, despite the fact that it is supposed to be the "Holy Grail" for D&D collectors.  I know it is pretty beat, but you figure that some out there would be willing to at least fill the gap for the time being for $900. I mean if some is willing to buy an OCE set and some later printin supps for $450 that I could have at least gotten $900 for a 1st print woody, right? *shrugs*

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:07 pm 

Wow..y'all are as nervous as long tailed cats in a room full of rocking chairs.  Please don't send out the lynch mob to find the fellows that provided me advice.  The decision on the reserve was mine alone and is set lower than the two highest private offers that I received.  The fact that the initial bidding has brought us to where we are inside the first 24 hours of auction, I doubt the reserve will play any bearing on the outcome.

I apologize to the spectators if the reserve makes for less entertainment.  It seems prudent to use a reserve that ensures sale in the general ballpark of its worth as determined by the numerous private offers I received.  If this is misguided logic, I would welcome your continued comments.

Andy

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:08 pm 

No probs, Andy.  I wouldn't sweat it.  

Thanks for the Sandy Squirrel reference, by the way.   :D

Let mirth prevail!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:14 pm 

All is good...I greatly appreciate the spirit of discourse and debate that is tradition here.  Don't mind me for jumping head-long into it :)

I owe my Grandfather for teaching me silly phrases like that....and others that are less fit for public consumption.  8O

Hope your day is going well, guys.

Andy

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:14 pm 

Boreas wrote:
I apologize to the spectators if the reserve makes for less entertainment.  It seems prudent to use a reserve that ensures sale in the general ballpark of its worth as determined by the numerous private offers I received.  If this is misguided logic, I would welcome your continued comments.

Andy

hey chummer at the end of the day its your item and you do what you want with it :)

priivate bids and ebay dont always work in tandem imo and if i am right in my thinking...things will slow down and you might get snipes at the end before long

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:38 pm 

I'll second that.  I've been surprised a few times at the level of private bids contrasted with ebay bids.  It can go either way, but generally, I've received much higher bids in private than what things eventually sold for on ebay.

Let mirth prevail!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:59 pm 

I still think the module will go over $800, and come close to a grand. Early days yet, I expect there are at least a couple of people leaving their bids till the last minute as per usual.

Regards

Mike

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Active Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:54 pm 

mdr003 wrote:I still think the module will go over $800, and come close to a grand. Early days yet, I expect there are at least a couple of people leaving their bids till the last minute as per usual.

Regards

Mike

Well at $926 with 1 day to go, and with the current leader having
four(!) stacked bids.. it could well go for over a grand..

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:23 pm 

mud2guard wrote:
Well at $926 with 1 day to go, and with the current leader having
four(!) stacked bids.. it could well go for over a grand..

Under normal circumstances, you may very well be correct, but looking at Bidder6's other bids in this auction it seems that those over bids may very well just be $1 increments. :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:54 am 

Now at $1,091, still 14 hours to go.

I thought it would break a grand easily - it's in the best condition I've ever seen for a black folder Vampire Queen.

I wonder where it will end up?

Regards

Mike

Demand of them whither they should comme to devide the worlde with the Emperour? And as they answered, he tooke up his shirte behinde and shewed them his buttocks, sayenge unto them, drawe your Lyne throughe the middest of *this* place.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:46 am 

I've seen a shrinked one that was pretty mint. This one is definitely nice, though.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:19 pm 

Too rich for my blood.  Good luck to those who are planning to be there at the end!

Let mirth prevail!

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:15 pm 

I would have gone to about $1,101 - it does look lovely - but too much for moi.  :cry:

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

PreviousNext