Vampire Queen-Added more information
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:50 pm 

Sorry.  It was a distasteful joke regarding bootlegged copies of PotVQ.

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:21 pm 

No need to apologize, Andy.  The community here has a GREAT and forgiving sense of humor.   :D

I believe the last foldered PoVQ that sold on ebay might have been the one I won for $725 two years ago...unless I missed something.  That's the one I sold privately here last fall (that I PM'd you about).

Have there been others since?

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:41 pm 

i seem to remember harami winning one at some point....

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:34 pm 

I am getting a photograph of the cover ready and am taking the time to count pages, etc.  My question is, does the credits page that is glued into the folder count as one of the 24?  As I did the math from the site here, I counted that the glued credits page must count as one of the 24.  Here is the wierd part.  There is a duplicate of the Level III monster descriptions.  They are printed on the same paper and look to be exactly the same (ie not a photocopy).  With this page and counting the credits page my folder has 25 pages.

Any thoughts?

Andy

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:45 pm 

A duplicate page would not be out of order.  Mine had one too.

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:06 pm 

Mine has one duplicate as well :wink:

Games can get you through times of no money but money can not get you through times of no games!!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:56 pm 

Maybe with all those duplicate pages you could build a whole PoVQ? Are they different pages?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:17 am 

I have spent some time today photographing and grading the item.  Here is what I have come up with.  First, the front cover.  The blemishes include a bumped lower right corner, a minor bend in the upper right corner (but no crease), slight lightening near the top of the tower and above the title "Dungeon Masters Kit".  There is also a very minor lightening of the cover toward the bottom edge.  The back cover looks perfect so I did not include a photograph. Take a look (pic1):

For the internal pages, I opted to only photograph the portions of the few pages that are not in mint condition.  There are three that are blemished.  First, the colored cover page.  The first image shows a slight bend along the lower right corner where the previous owner closed the folder with this portion across the folder crease.  Note, though the bottom corner looks discolored in this picture, it is not. I believe my shadow cast that purple tinge that you see:

This same page has a bit of a bend in the upper left corner:

The next page with "kit contains" has a small bend on the upper left corner:

And the 1st page describing level three monsters has a very slight bend in the upper left corner though there is an extra, pristine copy of this page included:

Finally, there has been a question or two about the mylar bag that it was discovered in.  I don't know if this is original and there are no marks or price tags of any kind on it.  Here is what it looks like with the folder within:

That will give you an idea of what I am looking at.  I am no expert grader, but I would grade the folder VF, the internal pages overall NM and the entire item VF-NM.  I would greatly appreciate your opinions on this graded based on what you see in the pics.  If anyone wishes to have more pictures, drop me a PM.

Thanks,
Andy

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:59 am 

Andy, a couple of questions:

-You refer to the cover page as colored.  Is it yellow?  Some of them had white cover pages.  It's hard to tell from the pic.

-Are all of the pages single-sided, i.e., printed on one side only?

-Is the item now safely tucked away?   :D   One reason I ask is because it would be good to see one of the map pages.  There was some discussion a while ago about apparent grid marks / cross-dots on map pages that related to the printing sequence of the PoVQ.  

Thanks for posting pics.  It looks pretty good from here.

Let mirth prevail!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:59 am 

Hello,

Thanks for the questions.  Here are the answers:

You refer to the cover page as colored. Is it yellow? Some of them had white cover pages. It's hard to tell from the pic.

It is the dark yellow color referred to here on the site.

-Are all of the pages single-sided, i.e., printed on one side only?

All of the pages are printed on a single side.

Is the item now safely tucked away?  One reason I ask is because it would be good to see one of the map pages. There was some discussion a while ago about apparent grid marks / cross-dots on map pages that related to the printing sequence of the PoVQ.

Here is a picture of the map.  Two things to note that are of relevance.  One, the grid marks in rooms and corridors do show. Second, there is a two tone (gray and black) nature to the map.
Here is a picture of the map.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:17 am 

That's all exactly consistent with my copy.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:59 am 

Hello,

I was considering offering the auction style on ebay that hides the names of the bidders.  Would this be preferred.  Please let me know via PM

Thanks,

Andy

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:06 am 

Once the bidding goes above $200, the ids will be anonymous anyway until the end of the auction, when the top bidder will be revealed.

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:04 am 

bombadil wrote:I believe the last foldered PoVQ that sold on ebay might have been the one I won for $725 two years ago...unless I missed something.  That's the one I sold privately here last fall (that I PM'd you about).

Have there been others since?

YEAHHHH!!! you forgot mine!  8)  8)  8)

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:58 pm 

Hello all,

I wanted to let folks know that the sale for this item will start tomorrow, about 2:00PM Pacific time.  I spent time today taking additional photographs including the inside and back of the cover and writing the description for the sale.

I want to thank all that have participated in helping me and sharing in this find.  As I mentioned, I have lurked for years and greatly respected the members and the work they do on behalf of collectors.  This was just the first time I was in a position to interact directly with you folks.  It has been a pleasure.

I will post the link to the sale on this board just after it is started.  Many thanks,

Andy

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:25 pm 

Great, Andy!

Thanks for the heads-up.

Let mirth prevail!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:11 am 

yea should be fun to watch!

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:49 pm 

Hello all,

The auction is finally underway.  If you see anything out of place or have additional questions, contact me here or through ebay.

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Many thanks,

Andy

PreviousNext