Dungeon Dwellers Miniatures by Heritage
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:17 pm 

Alright, these minis have been discussed in vague terms over the last few years, but I did a pretty thorough search on the site here and I could not for the life of me find any specific prices.  I also checked Ebay for some comparison purposes and I pretty much came up empty.  I picked these minis up a week or so ago and I was curious as to what people thought.  I posted this in the "Recent Fun Finds' thread and I didn't get as much response I was hoping for.  As amatter of fact only one person said anything at all(thanks ST :)) :?  

Linkage

I figure that since we don't have a lot of info on them(or at least that I could find) this might be a good thread for people to refernce in the future anyway. Was this a good buy or not and does anyone know for sure what they normally go for.  My knowledge on Mini's and there prices are extremely limited and to be 100% is almost non-existant.  So, for all you mini collectors out there, what say you?  :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:10 pm 

I've been casually watching Dungeon Dwellers on ebay (because I'm thinking about getting into them), and I'd say that's a good price for a shrinkwrapped box.  Opened boxes usually go in the $20-30 range.

WWW ICQ  

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:09 pm 

Shrinked Grenadier mini sets circa 1981 can go for about $35-40. Otherwise they typically run $10-$25, opened, but more or less complete.

Not sure about Heritage sets of the same era, but I would expect them to probably have roughly the same demand.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:44 am 

Hi again Brian

Thanks for the kudos.

Have you taken a look at this forum on the Heritage Dungeon Dwellers site?

http://www.dungeon-dwellers.info/Forum/ ... =9&tid=196

Plenty of prices for box sets there.

Though Grenadier & Heritage are comparable in many ways, I have the sense that Heritage supply is smaller and the core Heritage collectors are somewhat more willing to cut each others' throats.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:10 am 

It's been a while since I've tracked Dungeon Dwellers box sets, but a shrinkwrapped box could easily top $50 and then some if the right bidders come along.  In any case, $25 was a very good price for them.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:47 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Alright, these minis have been discussed in vague terms over the last few years, but I did a pretty thorough search on the site here and I could not for the life of me find any specific prices.  I also checked Ebay for some comparison purposes and I pretty much came up empty.  I picked these minis up a week or so ago and I was curious as to what people thought.  I posted this in the "Recent Fun Finds' thread and I didn't get as much response I was hoping for.  As amatter of fact only one person said anything at all(thanks ST :)) :?  

Linkage

I figure that since we don't have a lot of info on them(or at least that I could find) this might be a good thread for people to refernce in the future anyway. Was this a good buy or not and does anyone know for sure what they normally go for.  My knowledge on Mini's and there prices are extremely limited and to be 100% is almost non-existant.  So, for all you mini collectors out there, what say you?  :)

Very good price for a shrinkwrapped box set.  IMO 8O

They can go upwards of $30 - $50 and VF is correct when he mentions that if the right bidders comes along prices could go beyond $50 and then some.

I've tended not to 'chase' most of the box sets (depends on what is in them).

A Wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:03 pm 

I've seen opened box sets sell for $125 (especially the Paint N Play sets), much less shrinked boxes.  Nice win, Brian :D

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:34 am 

Sea-to-sky-games wrote:Not sure about Heritage sets of the same era, but I would expect them to probably have roughly the same demand.

Heritage miniatures are much more difficult to find than Grenadier figs, and they go for higher prices.  eBay sellers who know the value of Heritage minis price accordingly (i.e., high).  Careless or clueless eBay sellers mix them in with a ton of Grenadier and Ral Partha lead.

stumbling tiger wrote:Though Grenadier & Heritage are comparable in many ways, I have the sense that Heritage supply is smaller and the core Heritage collectors are somewhat more willing to cut each others' throats.

The former condition lends itself to the latter.  I don't think it's throat-cutting as much as it is desperation.  Also, the Heritage community in general seems to have only the mailing list, two people who have legal rights to the old molds, and the Dungeon Dwellers website.  It's not an active community like the Acaeum or DragonsFoot.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:39 pm 

Thanks for confirming what I was thinking, JG; I was hoping you'd contribute to this thread and shed some light from your deeper experience.   I've suspected the love for Heritage goodness is not as common as a taste for Citadel or Grenadier, but when the mania bites you, it bites deep.  When his brother started to sell off Jamie Price's / Digital Dragon's collection last year, he told me the Heritage lines were the first to go.  Fortunately for me I can stop anytime. :wink:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:33 pm 

Thanks for all the help everyone. I have actually been watching this auction just to see what happens for comparison purposes:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

I also saw this set go:

And although these sets are not the same as the one that I won, they are also both earlier sets like mine and both are in much worse condition than the one that I won, so I think its a relatively safe assuption that I did in fact snag myself a pretty good deal. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:37 pm 

Does your set come with an adventure Brian?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:42 pm 

Mars wrote:Does your set come with an adventure Brian?

I can't tell for sure without opening it, but by looking at the box, if I had to guess I would say no. :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:45 pm 

Actually, it looks like I got some pub on the Heritage site:

http://www.dungeon-dwellers.info/Forum/ ... =9&tid=199

:lol:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:47 pm 

Does your set come with an adventure Brian?

I was going to say, not taking anything away from the Roaming Monster set, but it is possible that the other sets are much more highly sought for this very reason, or due to scarcity, or some other reason. Nevertheless that's a lot of money for sets that are either beat up or not complete, or both.

To be sure, the obvious solution is to auction the Roaming Monster set off. Another way would just be to sign up in the Heritage yahoo group and ask them.

Last edited by Sea-to-sky-games on Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:53 pm 

Actually, it looks like I got some pub on the Heritage site:

http://www.dungeon-dwellers.info/Forum/ ... tion=posts &fid=9&tid=199

Sure seems like you can probably grab $100 or more for the RM set.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:57 pm 

More fuel for the fire are two recent blister packs:

Also I distinctly recall a shrink wrap Crypt of the Sorcerer selling for either something like $265 or $365 last summer.  I believe it was the latter and the auction was mentioned on this board at the time.  Believe it was around July.

Cheers!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:08 pm 

looks like you could be sitting on a nice lil earner then bri :)

nice one!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:08 pm 

Sea-to-sky-games wrote:I was going to say, not taking anything away from the Roaming Monster set, but it is possible that the other sets are much more highly sought for this very reason, or due to scarcity, or some other reason. Nevertheless that's a lot of money for sets that are either beat up or not complete, or both.

Yes, that's been my general impression, tracking these over the past year+:  the Crypt of the Sorcerer and Caverns of Doom sets are the most-sought Heritage sets, and command the highest prices.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Next