11 Monochrome Modules
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:22 am 

KoP wrote:
By the way, what are the black binders next to the jar of coins in the second picture?  I can read "Lord of the Rings Battle Games" on the side.  I have never seen these before.

There binders for the Lord of the Rings Battlegames in Middle Earth series of magazines (the ones you can get from newsagencies with minatures attached). They are designed to hold the middle of the magazine within having holes punched in them. The esries of mags is up around the mid/late 70s issue number now (goes up to 90something last time I checked with them). They should be available from these websites. but don't know what your postage would be :

UK  www.deagostini.co.uk
Aus www.deagostini.com.au
SA www.deagostini.co.za
NZ www.deagostini.co.nz

(No, I don't work or get commission from them for posting the above) :wink:

Oh, and yes I do need to get the other DragonLance boxed set, just waiting for one in shrink, good pickup. :)

"Don't tempt me, I can resist anything but temptation"

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:27 am 

prufock wrote:
Puts my 13 brown boxes to shame.

Thanks Martin, so you and David would have to have a huge chunk of the ones still around?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:37 am 

Some very sweet items there Brian  8) What's the black one with the pentagram on the cover?

I thought you'd like seeing that one there Mike  :D

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:51 am 

hermit wrote:
Question: Are there many serious collectors in Australia?  I have about 500 items in my collection now. Are there any Australian forums. I am always envious of everyone over in the US - our market is so small here in comaparison.

Don't know of any apart from those guys here. One of my friends was a rabid Cthulu collector, but he's really cooled over the last few years.

Maybe us guys can arrange to get together at the Con next year?

Be a short-ish trip for you eh Brette?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:55 am 

Not a big gun?  Pig's Ass!  :lol:

I think I will have to fly out to Perth and raid your shelves.  So do you have more stuff stored in the cabinets underneath?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:59 am 

bclarkie wrote:Well, since everyone else has decided to show off, I figured I might as well join the game. :P   Here are some pictures of most of my rares:

.... much interstesing stuff deleted ....

Oh and in case anyone sees a whole that they would like to fill for me, I am currently accepting donations. :twisted:

Nice looking collection Brian .... we all have to get nice display cabinets like Adder now.  Even IO doesn;t have cabinets as nice.....

Just make sure the light doesn't overheat any of the rares.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:11 am 

Improv wrote:
Not a big gun?  Pig's Ass!  

I think I will have to fly out to Perth and raid your shelves.  So do you have more stuff stored in the cabinets underneath?

:lol:

Got the alarm system installed the day after the collection went in  :twisted:

Under the cabinets have the Dragon & Dungeon mags, (A)D&D comics, and Polys.

Under the window (behind the desk) are 6 filing drawers with modules and other items I couldn't fit on the shelves.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:29 am 

AdderMcOne wrote:
Got the alarm system installed the day after the collection went in  :twisted:

My biggest fear isn't the items being stolen as I don't believe anyone outside the D&D collecting community would consider any of the items valueable.

My fears are:

1. fire
2. the dog (I have watched him pull all the tissues from a kleenex box and tear them to shreds one at a time) he is banned from certain areas of the house.
3. my better half tossing some items in her effort to do a spring clean (she has been warned)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:57 pm 

improvstone wrote:
My biggest fear isn't the items being stolen as I don't believe anyone outside the D&D collecting community would consider any of the items valueable.

My fears are:

1. fire
2. the dog (I have watched him pull all the tissues from a kleenex box and tear them to shreds one at a time) he is banned from certain areas of the house.
3. my better half tossing some items in her effort to do a spring clean (she has been warned)

Fire or flooding are my greatest fears....in Texas there are a lot of tornadoes, I could see one coming through here, and not doing much damage except for to open a hole in a wall or the roof...and let in water.  Honestly I think I'd rather just have the entire house vaporized by a meteor than to go through the pain and anguish of having to pull each waterlogged item out of the boxes one by one and toss them in the trash...

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
NTRPGCON

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:28 pm 

AdderMcOne wrote:What's the black one with the pentagram on the cover?

The Arcanum (1st print?) by Bard Games.  I used to have one but it was swiped by someone years ago.  I have a second print now.  The main difference is instead of a silver pentagram, it's red.  Not sure about rarity though.

Found a link a link for it:

http://www.waynesbooks.com/Atlantis.html

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:00 pm 

Yes it is Arcanum 1st pr. Not very rare, I bought one recently for only $10. Althought the 2nd pr. is less rare, it go sometimes for $20-30. I see each ot them many times a month on ebay.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:02 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:Yes it is Arcanum 1st pr. Not very rare, I bought one recently for only $10. Althought the 2nd pr. is less rare, it go sometimes for $20-30. I see each ot them many times a month on ebay.

Heh, I have only seen 2 over the last year or so.  Don't get me wrong I am not trying to claim that they are super rare or anything, I just wasn't aware that they were common. :?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:13 pm 

*feeling sorry for the poor derailed thread* (apologies; or perhaps a retitle/split is in order?).
bclarkie wrote:[ Image ]

Old pic, Brian? I thought you had a few more of those Rs & RPGAs by now, or is that just a good looking set you've held on to.

(Could always trade in that 10th Anniversary Box (now at $520 :lol:), I guess... ;))

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:15 pm 

Yes, it is not common, of course, but not really "rare". If you want one you will get it for a good price quickly, as I did.

As for example, actually

http://cgi.ebay.com/Arcanum-by-Sechi-Ta ... dZViewItem

I saw it many times. Not everyday of course ;)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:17 pm 

faro wrote:*feeling sorry for the poor derailed thread* (apologies; or perhaps a retitle/split is in order?).

Old pic, Brian? I thought you had a few more of those Rs & RPGAs by now, or is that just a good looking set you've held on to.

(Could always trade in that 10th Anniversary Box (now at $520 :lol:), I guess... ;))

I used to have 2 sets of R modules, but I sold my second set to someone here privately. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:18 pm 

lokiwookie wrote:Yes, it is not common, of course, but not really "rare". If you want one you will get it for a good price quickly, as I did.

As for example, actually

** expired/removed eBay auction **

I saw it many times. Not everyday of course ;)

Oh, when I said I only saw 2 of them, I was refering to first editons, not the second edition.  I have seen lots of second edition ones up for sale. :)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:25 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
Oh, when I said I only saw 2 of them, I was refering to first editons, not the second edition.  I have seen lots of second edition ones up for sale. :)

Strangely the 2nd edition is more common than 1st but go for more. I bought my 1st pr. for only $0.99 one month or 2 ago. But I saw the 1st ed. at least once a month for sale.

I will post the link in non-TSR interesting items when I see them. I never did it before since I thought noone was interested in them.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:27 pm 

Prufrock wrote:AdderMcOne,

Your display of the "stuff" is quite nice.  Puts my 13 brown boxes to shame.  Congrats on that.  Really nice.

Martin

Hey; I do have a couple more... (erm, what sort of brown boxes were we talking about again?)

*nods in agreement* re. Brendon. That's a helluva lot more than just one SW'd oB3.
Excellent job on the "study" and a superb, quality collection - good luck with the spaces you appear to have left (Inverness?).

==

IttyBitty wrote:
Egad :!:  :!:  :!:  8O  8O  8O

Erm, sorry.... :oops:

(+thx for the other comments/feedback)

=
@Mars: within easy raiding distance of the latest UK member it would seem... ;)

"7.3 ORGANIZING THE PARTY: Always have a keg, even if it's BYOB...
7.4 TAKING THE GAME SERIOUSLY: Don't"

PreviousNext